Pimpsacola Track Plans

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Pimpsacola Track Plans

Post by SilentWolv »

I drew out on graph paper my thoughts of a track. I wanted:
* a consistent 10" wide lane
* a banked turn
* an overpass (stolen from CaboWabo's design)
* a chicane
* a pit road
* homie 'hood (part)

I drew it out first and then measured it: OMG, 55" X 150" !! Way bigger'n a 4'X8' sheet.

Wanted to be able to set in up on the coffee table and race, and that dictates about a 6' X 3,1/2' size. The photo in the lower left corner, is what I've come up with after resizing. Its got everything I wanted in it, but may be considered a technical course cause of the size. The "homie town" will have to fill in the unused areas. Grid = 5".

What you think? Look like a "fun" layout for the size? Anyone out there starting out on a track same time as me? hmmm, les see if I get dis code right.......

Image[/img]
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

yea dude, looks like it'd fun, just about any track is cuz it sets contstraints, yet you still have freedom.

the top one would be the bomb to have.
the bottom one is cool too, especially for the space issue.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I had to rebuild my track again, but this time I have some major room constraints. My track space consists of about 6'x6' . So I kept it simple. It's basically an oval with some bottlenecks. I'll post pics when I finally finish.
Good start man I can't wait to see it finished.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

there is TRACK making software available for layouts.

I'll find the thread and post the URL.

-nox
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Nox, I tried Trackmaker if thats the one you're talking about, and found it too rigid. But did play around with it a little to get some ideas.

An oval would be cool, Nascar-style. Maybe make some 160 degree corners, and bend 'em in to make some natural banks?

I've located a sign-grade primered 1/2 plywood, to use as my base. And will attach a 2-mil plastic track to it "bending" it for banks and overpasses.

Went to the model train hobby store today to get some ideas and a book. The book shows how to do neat stuff like frozen waterfalls and rock formations. -Had to laugh when I saw a bag of "real" sticks (for trees and debris I guess) for $3.99 !!!! I have that shiat laying all over my driveway now! :smile:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I went to the hobby shop today too, looking at train track accessories.

all they had was pretty little trees and a few crappy buildings for 20.00!
whateva! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Alls I got around me is a hobbytown usa and their prices are crasy. I pity the train hobbiest.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Da pimps may have nice cars, but their houses will be made out of corrugated plastic/cardboard and lightweight spackle. Their biatches work hard enough as it is don't ya know.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i use a shrinkray and zap my neighbors house when they aint home.
mpbiv
bitHood

Post by mpbiv »

CaboWabo wrote:I went to the hobby shop today too, looking at train track accessories.

all they had was pretty little trees and a few crappy buildings for 20.00!
whateva! lol
I like the trees

I used them on my shelf even though they are not the right scale. I never got around to finishing the whole thing, was planning on making a painted city skyline in the background.

I am planning on clearing out the above shelf and doing something similar with my bits. If and when I get around to it, I want to make a little city street with some traffic lights or street lamps, etc. I also want to put some hooks on the bottom to hang the controllers from.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that city scene would be dope!
have some star wars X-wings flyin through the ghetto too! lol

I gotta say it...
that's your bedroom isn't?
looks exactly like like my old room, shelves on that side and all with the door to the right?

or maybe I'm just being retarded again. lol
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

mpbiv wrote:......... I want to make a little city street with some traffic lights or street lamps, etc. .
yeah, I was thinking maybe make the board powered, so traffic lights, and building lights work. Maybe I could make an autome homie w/crack or a Ho come to my car window when I roll by? :???: hehe
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

SilentWolv wrote:Nox, I tried Trackmaker if thats the one you're talking about, and found it too rigid. But did play around with it a little to get some ideas.

An oval would be cool, Nascar-style. Maybe make some 160 degree corners, and bend 'em in to make some natural banks?

I've located a sign-grade primered 1/2 plywood, to use as my base. And will attach a 2-mil plastic track to it "bending" it for banks and overpasses.

Went to the model train hobby store today to get some ideas and a book. The book shows how to do neat stuff like frozen waterfalls and rock formations. -Had to laugh when I saw a bag of "real" sticks (for trees and debris I guess) for $3.99 !!!! I have that shiat laying all over my driveway now! :smile:
yea..that was it.

-nox
mpbiv
bitHood

Post by mpbiv »

CaboWabo wrote:that city scene would be dope!
have some star wars X-wings flyin through the ghetto too! lol

I gotta say it...
that's your bedroom isn't?
looks exactly like like my old room, shelves on that side and all with the door to the right?

or maybe I'm just being retarded again. lol
Yes its my room, one of 2 safe havens for my hobbies and toys, the other being my work bench in the garage. The door is on the opposite side of the room though.

So much for impressing the chics! :???:
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Its taking me forever, but I got a little more work done on the track today........
Measured and cut wedges to support the 30% bank.

All the 2mil pvc track is glued and screwed into place.
Next is: fill the screw holes with spackle, super-glue the guardrails/posts in place, then try my hand at some of that model-railroading grass, trees, rock and shiat. Plenty of room for homie-town.

I think its gonna be fun to race on. Can't keep the car on the track without the guardrails. <>G

-SilentWolv
The secret to life is Raku