Pimpsacola Track Plans

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
racergirl153

Post by racergirl153 »

delete
Last edited by racergirl153 on Fri Jul 25, 2003 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yagbols
bitGangsta'

Post by Yagbols »

Whoa! its starting to look damn good mang! woohoo! I figure the cars need to be fitted with a 2.2 at least. Have you tried using a car on that thang? Jesus, after you're done, how will you take out of the door? must be heavy too? :eek: Damn, kewl track bro!

How about lights? buildings? just like in monaco! A Bitpimp blimp! hehehe and of course stop/go lights.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Yagbols wrote:Whoa! its starting to look damn good mang! woohoo! I figure the cars need to be fitted with a 2.2 at least. Have you tried using a car on that thang? Jesus, after you're done, how will you take out of the door? must be heavy too? :eek: Damn, kewl track bro!

How about lights? buildings? just like in monaco! A Bitpimp blimp! hehehe and of course stop/go lights.
Thanks bro. The car I tested with was a Shen Qi Wei with a 2.6, whatever that compares to. It was about the right speed for the track. It raced pretty good. Almost have to coast down the slide to make the (middle of the board) corner. Haven't weighed it yet, prob 35-40 lbs. Maybe 50 when I'm done? Solid! baby

You mean like buildings with lights in da windows and shiat? I'm thinking about it. Billboard spotlights too, but I dunno. Pretty lofty for my first model-railroading style scenery (though I do love the BitPimp Blimp idea). Maybe. Guess I can always add to it. Have to see what kind of harnesses are avail at my hobby store. Thanks for the suggestions.

Welcome to da 'hood RacerGirl! :-) Thanks for the comps.

-Silent
The secret to life is Raku
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

You can ride 'em for a little bit, but the transition between corners would be tricky. The railings are smooth, but the plastic makes 'em springy. They throw the front end of the car around if you hit em too hard.

I was having a hell of a time trying to stay on the track without em! :wobble:
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

No work progress on the track to report on, but have I got some STUFF :eek: Trees, grass, rock molds, earth paints, plaster cloth, standing, and running water effects..........

I think someone's fixin to have some fun :-D , ....or make a big mess :shock:
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

drool, How many hours has it taken you so far.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

MaxximumRC wrote:drool, How many hours has it taken you so far.
Since conception, the project is almost 2 months old (by the date stamp), but I've only worked on it 2-3 hours on some weekends, prob 15 hours total so far. No hurry to finish, I'm enjoying it. I find the longer I have to think about it, the more ideas pop up.
Zip Zap Pro

Post by Zip Zap Pro »

You should get a railroad track and have it cross over the road (R&R Crossing) and when you race have the train run around and see if anyone gets crushed by the train! :smile: :D
Zip Zaps Starter Kit: $19.99
2Fast 2Furious Upgrade Kit: $12.99
Seeing my friends face when my Zip Zap beats his ZCar: Priceless!
There some things clones can't do, for everything else, there's Zip Zaps!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

ha! awesome idea!
I like the stunt possibilities!

welcome aboard Zip Zap Pro
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

It could be like The Fast and the Furious
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Maybe an alternate "jump" to go over the train, if its in the way! Cool ideas.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

I'd like to see some updates on this thing! it's looking absolutely amazing mang!
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Not much to look at, at the moment. Just started glueing the cardboard strip "webbing" in place for the plaster cloth to stick to. This will serve as a base for the rock faces and hills.

Maybe I'll have the cardboard strips done by the weekend, and get to start slingin' plaster :grin:
Buks

Post by Buks »

SilentWolv - this is looking like one hell of of mother of a track. When I checked out your initial drawing I thought - "What the fck is this ?". How wrong could a guy be ? I keep checking out the tracks forum JUST TO SEE IF YOU POST MORE PICTURES ! How sad is that ?

Anyway, for what its worth my advice to anyone making their own track is - don't use hardboard. It warps. It took me about 8 hours to make and about 1 week later it was warped to fck. Took me about 2 minutes to rip it apart. Whooped its hardboard bitch ass.....

I'm now taking the lazy route and waiting for the Bonzer Mat to come out. If it ever does ......

So, keep posting more pictures. I hope youv'e got a camcorder too as an mpeg of the finished product would be coooool.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Thanks for the props Buks. I have a feeling I'm going to learn alot about model railroading scenery in the weeks to follow. I hope to work on it this weekend and post an update Sunday night or Monday.[/code]