Pimpsacola Track Plans

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Yeah, I guess function has to be first for me, but I'm definetely looking forward to adding the scenery. I have everything already. Its something that even my wife is interested in helping with. :ignore: With the down-size I figure I can still get a "Mel's Diner, Cabo's Chop Shop, Pits, and small pond, along with the trees, grass, rocks, and stuff.

I'm a little scared of it though, to tell you the truth. I'm afraid that the results aren't going to match what I've already built in my mind.... I've had too much time to think about it :)

But what the hell, I'm sure it'll be fun. Been waiting for the weather to dry out to repaint the racing surface, and looks like its going to be nice today, so maybe groundbreaking next weekend.
The secret to life is Raku
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

kick ass, my building didn't get destroyed in the quake! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Yeah you know what they say. "It's better to build and learn that to never build at all" I wanna see some dope shiat in that track.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Not sure why I haven't seen this thread yet. Nice track! I would completely stop worrying about losing the more complex layout if your goal truly was function over form. Honestly, some of the best racing you can have with bits is on an open oval. The more simple the track layout, the more the racing is about finding the best line, and making the other guy crash.

We've tried more complex layouts, but you end up not spending very much time racing side-by-side, but a lot of time getting yourself out of crashes and just trying to get around the track. That can be fun for time trials to see who can do the fastest lap, but the real fun is neck-and-neck, NASCAR style rubbing.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

I set this old HO body on the ZZse chassis just this morning. (wouldn't be too hard to make fit except for the big block on the se board that makes it set up to high) Was wondering if anyone else has been thinking door handle -to- door handle NASCAR Style! Got a little revved up watching the Datona testing this morning...........
denden1
bitHood

Post by denden1 »

Or you could get this little number

midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

denden, that is sweet? where'd ya find that at? and silentwolv: that'd be awesome, too, I'd love to see some sweet nascar type racin. I wanna make a banked bristol-type track for my xmods, since I have two now... that way, I could have friends over and have some sweet racin action! lol
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

denton, thats pretty cool. I was looking for those a couple months ago, but could never find them. Do they come in all flavors?

The ZZSE's being heavy an all, got me thinking about using lexan bodies, which reminded me that I had one. I got it at this site here...........
http://www.hocustom.com/
They're pretty pricey all painted up w/decals, but I just bought 5 uncut, unpainted nascar bodies for $15 from him too.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SilentWolv wrote: The ZZSE's being heavy an all, got me thinking about using lexan bodies.
My SE is fetted by micro_Amps, and I run the red ZZ gears in combination with the NX motor, and alloy rims, and top it off with a dark blue Camaro body...

It drifts... It straight up does doughnuts.. It climbs inclines like a tank.

I can drive the car at half throttle, and get plenty of speed, and if I juice it at half throttle, it'll burn out, and lose control..

Dream car. It drives like a 1/10 car.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

That sounds awesome. I'm sending him a couple also. I've only heard good things about him. Sounds like I may not be able to open it up on my 6' track! but very fun to drive, Im' hoping, steering with the throttle for a change.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SilentWolv wrote:That sounds awesome. I'm sending him a couple also. I've only heard good things about him. Sounds like I may not be able to open it up on my 6' track! but very fun to drive, Im' hoping, steering with the throttle for a change.
I'm running the alloys on mine so they gots the phat slicks on em.. You could probably put the all weather tires on for a non slip grip.

You'll for sure have to time when you "punch it" or you'll be off the track..lol You'll see...

Have fun man.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
denden1
bitHood

Post by denden1 »

denden, that is sweet? where'd ya find that at?

Found on ebay . Came with UPS Truck & Race Car . Got them at an outrageously cheap price, Both have clear chassis .