Outdoor ZZMT Track #2 (with movie)

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Hmmmm... In the dark blue square you should put small gravel back in there to make like a little rock pit, then in the light blue square dig it out like quarter inch and put a smal peice of tarp in there covered by gravel and fill it with water for a shallow lake to ride in. In the red square go to the dollar store and look for those crappy cars that are like 5 for a dollar and buy 10-15 cars to put in that part of the track.... Just my Opinions though

MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Dude, those are sweet suggestions. I love 'em!
I'm all for doing the rock pit and cheap cars.
Maxx had the idea of a 'crawling' rock area, somewhat similar to the rock pit that you're mentioning.
Hmmm, maybe I'll have to do both? :grin:

I love the shallow lake idea, and already tried it while constructing this track.
Here's what happens: I'm moving along in the dry to semi-dry dirt. I plow through the lake, and right when I drive back onto the dirt, I have one helluva mess. Bits of dirt which is now mud gets all caught up in the gearing, and my off-roading ends early until I clean that shat out. :(

I sometimes take the zzmt through water and puddles on the neighbors dirt road. The dirt there is extremely well packed from 1:1 vehicle traffic, so I can run the zzmt a lot longer before mud gets into the gears.
The dirt isn't so well packed on the zzmt track, so wet tires pick up that dry loose dirt like it was a magnet. :grin:

I might have missed a thread or post about a zzmt mud guard or something like that, and crying over this mud in my gears is all premature. Ima check it out.

Thanks again for the suggestions Scorpion! Two minds work better than one, three better than two, and so on. Most of the people here at bP share their ideas, so is it any wonder why so many killer rides appear? :-o
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Yeah I guess the water and mud would be a problem.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I think what be cool, is to stack some rocks on the sides of the ramp up to the bridge! :???: If the middle section was still dirt u would have the choice of navigating the rocks to the bridge area, or go with the smoother area to the crest of the hill........

I think it is time for those bushes to be pulled out of the ground in front of my patio area............. :grin: I wonder if the staff here will even notice......