Cincinnati mini speedway A go!

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Techno

Cincinnati mini speedway A go!

Post by Techno »

I know you guys might have seen these but im trying to get the word out . who knows might find someone passing thru who wants to stop in and race
I welcome anyone to come on down to run. races are free and I even have loaner cars

All you have to do is click on the thumb to see the full pic

This is of one of the first layouts
Another pic from in side the garage
This is a screen from the lap counter that I have set up its pretty good no wires to hook your car to
This is one after I had gotten the 3rd wide L
Another lay out of the 3 wide L set
here are a few of the rainy day track that is set up in my basement its a mini 96 track 2 sets with a wide expansion set so I have lots of possible set ups also have a computer down here ready to go
Also have extra tables and chairs to pit on also have loaner cars too. Anyone is welcome to come on down just email me at
Techno@isoc.net
Hours open are 4pm till 9pm Monday-Friday 12-9pm Saturday Sundays can happen
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

it's too bad I'm on the opposite end of Ohio!! I think it's awesome what you do and despite some bad driving it looks like they are having a good time!!

If I ever end up in Cinci I'll have to make sure I let you know.
Techno

Post by Techno »

oops sorry double post wont waste it heres some more pic's
Here is a few with the latest track additions. This is just strait sections.That I got stretching it out to see how long it would be

And a few of the wide expansion track plan on running 1:18

Last edited by Techno on Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Techno

Post by Techno »

yes too bad man im looking for crew bad almost to the point of paying people to run my cars

No I will keep banging away till I get some drivers and hopefully find a home for the track before the weather gets cold

I really want mini-micro racing to take off here in Cincinnati I plan on checking out setting up at the flea market soon to get some exposure

Also trying to come with a logo for the Cincy Mini Speedway have ideas but no talent or a lot of time I wish I would win the lotto I would set up some where and have a blast night and day
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That's a really nice setup. I can't believe you have both full-size and mini-96 tracks going. 3 wide-Ls? I wish it was easier and cheaper to travel. :cool:
Techno

Post by Techno »

theres a little over 3 wide L there i need to find a cheap van to haul the track with i want to set uo at events to try to get some racers invovled
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Nice Track Pimp :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Techno wrote:yes too bad man im looking for crew bad almost to the point of paying people to run my cars
Give me 40 hours a week and I'll do it for minimum wage. :-)

Damn nice track. I would happily drop by to race on it, but you're way over there. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Techno

Post by Techno »

well if any of you guys happen thru your more than welcome to stop in ill even let you run some of my cars

oh gatta show off

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album775
I think I can pimp out a few cars to spare :)
thanks for the comments I will add a few more pics to the track
because .... just because

F1's to the grid

check out the long strait its up hill a bit but you can really open it up

Techno

Post by Techno »

here is some more of the largest track i have made it uses most of all the wide L track that I currently have thinking about getting another wide L set just to open more possibilities I need more turns and heck I can make even longer straits

another shot from the side

I keep posting this so the lurkers might see it and drop by I really need some Racers

It’s a shame to have this and no one to share it with
WANTED REWARD
Cincinatti Mini Racers
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

That thing is friggin huge man. I love it. Put up some info at some of your lhs. That should get some interest going.

Good stuff man

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Techno

Post by Techno »

i actually plan on doing some fleamarkets the hobby shops frown on anything under 12th scale
WANTED REWARD
Cincinatti Mini Racers
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Techno wrote:i actually plan on doing some fleamarkets the hobby shops frown on anything under 12th scale
Yeah, I mention Mini-Z, and they're like, "No one plays with those anymore." I told him there's actually a strong following on the internet.

Maybe if you took in pictures of your collection, and point out on the money they lost by not making these available to you, they might see the light. :lol:

At any rate, even if they don't support smaller scale, they should at least support the RC community, and realize by you dropping flyers there, it could only result in more customers for them in the long run.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but have you asked over at minizracer.com? There's a section in that forum for making local get-togethers. Hue35 and I hooked up with Dogbreath over there and have had some really great racing with his crew.

I hate to see that incredible track being underused. I can't wait until Star Trek transporters are for real!

BTW, what kind of lap timing system are you using?
Techno

Post by Techno »

crazydave: yes im planning on doing this very soon you know how bad I have it im looking into buying a used mini van just to haul the track I would love to partner up with a shop just to have a place to run the z's where i have a/c and heat

SuperFly: mini-zracer is one of my haunts always on the look out for more r/c sites to post the pics on and get the word out tommorrow I am going to start working on my own site for these bad boy's

Im using the core timing system and have lots of extra tansponders for now its a very nice system no wires and mess
WANTED REWARD
Cincinatti Mini Racers