Sweet spot for a Track!!

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Namuna
bitPimp

Sweet spot for a Track!!

Post by Namuna »

In my complex, we have a big area dedicated to a Basketball court and some Tennis Courts.

Just so happens that the way it was setup, there's a nice size gap between the Basketball Court and one of the Tennis Courts:

and here's another angle:

I rough measured it out to be about 20'x40' :grin:

Wellllll, it's a "dead" spot that nobody's using so I figured what the hell? Let's USE it for some racing action!!!

Last night I got my Xray M18 all set and had a buddy of mine stop by with his 1/18th scale truck (don't recall what it is) and we had a BLAST!!! We even had a little audience for awhile too.

Check out the vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjc5C3rI8uk
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Looks like you have that M18 set up pretty well. Beat the pants off that truck. :cool:

Landscapers are making a muddy mess out of the roads here. Pebbles
and peices of mulch are everywhere. Havent been able to run the M18 in
weeks. :-(
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's the perfect little spot. I would just play on our basketball court, but its right next to the sandbox, and it takes me so long to sweep it off, I don't feel like playing anymore.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Techno

Post by Techno »

hmm... seems like the tenis court is a great idea if no really uses it less chance of a stray ball crashin a race but very nice vid by the way looks like fun
WANTED REWARD
Cincinatti Mini Racers
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Actually, the basketball court gets used A LOT.

But so far the regular guys don't throw up a lot of bricks so the danger level is low...But when the barely-teen kids come around, now THEY pose the real threat with throwing constant bricks and missing passes so that the ball comes jumping over.

Still, our cars are fast enough that if a Comet comes racing down...We've got enough speed to outrun it! :grin:
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Namuna wrote:Still, our cars are fast enough that if a Comet comes racing down...We've got enough speed to outrun it! :grin:
While watching the vid, I was thinking the same thing about a ball coming to wreck the fun.
But good point, just out run it or out maneuver it. :-o
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Where in Joisey are you? I might have to stop by with my M18 and give you a sample of ridiculous power. :grin:
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I'm in Secaucus, just a couple of miles from the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel.

I ain't looking for "ridiculous" power..."Crazy" or "stupid" power should suffice!

My buddy has the RC18T with a Mamba setup (with a 4200 motor). My setup is the Orion Elite Modified Micro with Novak Spy ESC. 17t/36t pinion/motor and running 6cells. With me pulling the trigger full on, I couldn't beat his truck running half-throttle and that's with the ESC set to restrict the power!!

Post by viperdout »

Namuna wrote:I'm in Secaucus, just a couple of miles from the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel.

I ain't looking for "ridiculous" power..."Crazy" or "stupid" power should suffice!

My buddy has the RC18T with a Mamba setup (with a 4200 motor). My setup is the Orion Elite Modified Micro with Novak Spy ESC. 17t/36t pinion/motor and running 6cells. With me pulling the trigger full on, I couldn't beat his truck running half-throttle and that's with the ESC set to restrict the power!!
Damn, I'm about 15 minutes away from the GWB, up near Paramus and Hackensack. Any real tracks down there?