Anti-boost Mod

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Thanks

But one more thing LOL cause I am in Canada the RS here didn't have those resistors on that link you provided.

Could you let me know if one of these would work

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/categor ... RadioShack

Thanks again
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Wow, RS in Canada really doesn't give you guys much selection do they?

Well I'll say this, I don't think the value really matters, I think it just matters that there is a resistor there. I've been saying to stick in the 1-10k range because that's what I know will work.

Those 22k carbon film ones are not too far out of that range, I'd say go ahead and try them. I can't make any guarantees, but if they work, then we'll know we can go in the 1-22k range.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

You have gotsta be kiddin me

So I click on the 22k "find in store" button to save me some time driving around. They are sold out everywhere.

So I think this is an error so I call a few and they tell me that they are not avail. instore only through website.

WTF is RS Canada thinking

well I am going to try looking for another store that might sell resistors. IF anyone out there is in Canada(ontario) and can point me in right dirrection that would be great.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Crazy dave,

Thanx a bunch for this mod. I completed it last night on my 'Igor' controller. Then i did it on my racer and put in a telescopic antenna the same time.
You should try the gear shifter mod, and connect wires to the back of the boost button. Then you won't have to worry about the controller being off. I have not yet found a small enough "push on/push off" switch yet. If i can get it as small as the boost button it would be fine.

Thanx again :-)
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Cool Max did you find that the new antenna gave you more range? Oh and what I was at RS i did see some really small switches
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Crazy dave,

Thanx a bunch for this mod. I completed it last night on my 'Igor' controller. Then i did it on my racer and put in a telescopic antenna the same time.
You should try the gear shifter mod, and connect wires to the back of the boost button. Then you won't have to worry about the controller being off. I have not yet found a small enough "push on/push off" switch yet. If i can get it as small as the boost button it would be fine.

Thanx again :-)
Cool glad it worked out.

I'm not sure about that gear shifter mod, sounds like extra confusion to me, I like to keep things simple, but if you want to try it, here's switch I think may work.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?c ... 275%2D1555

It require a 3/16" mounting hole so it's small enough. It's single pole double through (SPDT), and I believe you just need a single pole single through (SPST), that's not a prob thoug, you can ingnore that extra pole, and maybe find a use for it later.
crazydave's Gallery
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Cool Max did you find that the new antenna gave you more range?
Yes it did, all that i needed, only a few feet. so now I can stand at any point of my 8x4 track and get good reception. its a good mod to do.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Resistors came in today and I modded up the LXX booster controller and yea its way more fun then it was before.

Thanks again dave for the tut and the resistors (fucking radio Shak canada LOL).

Now I can't wait for my mosfeted booster to arrive so I can mod that baby up. Should really help out going around corners.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool, glad it worked out for you VDM. :grin:

I love this mod. So simple, but does exactly what I want it to do.
crazydave's Gallery
Swavey
bitThug

Different Anti-Boost setup

Post by Swavey »

I figured I would post this incase someone has a bit pcb slightly different than that of this tutorial. I for example have an original AM set from Japan (bought it when i lived there) and the pcb is different. I stupidly just read the tutorial quick and followed the picture. But on my pcb the Boost is reverse. I had to cut the right copper wire instead of the left..

First I did what the picture said and cut the left wire... My car ran slow, and when boost was pressed all battery power was cut off. Upon further examination I realized all was backwards...

Hope this helps anyone who's pcb is reverse, before they make the same mistake I did

Here is a pic of the now finished and working Anit-Boost mod on my pcb. Sorry for the messy points, I did a quick fix....

:D Swavey :D
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

stupid question here,but why cant you just unsolder the switch and jumper the 2 connections?the anti boost seems to be a cool function, but i always wanted mine to go as fast as it can, but im for all out speed, and i could see why people would want to slow down in corners...and the guy that had the chearer picture had a brown black orange...if im not mistaken thats 10,000 ohms?not sure, but if it is that will be pulling alot more power from the batteries than the 1000 ohm resistor...why couldnt we use something like a 100 ohm resistor to save power if you wanted to do this mod?unless the switch is 4 prong(in which i have no idea about how to wire for constant flow) this mod seems to be a tad bit easier for the people who cant get ahold of a resistor.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The value of the resistor is not that important. It has no effect on the speed of your car, the turbo signal is either off or on.

It works by the simple principal that electricty follows the path with the least resistance. You want the resistance to be high enough that it is always on, but low enough that the current will pass through when forced.
crazydave's Gallery
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

i catch your drift dave... the only thing ive really ever used resistors for were so leds wouldnt burn out on too high of votage but i guess that will change...thanks!
ZzComputerKillerzZ

Post by ZzComputerKillerzZ »

hummm timer
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Being a skeptical nOOb, and not too hip on the soldering skills, I said to myself "no way, i'm gonna screw this up" as I cut into the PCB.

SUCCESS!! What an impelling, impressive MOD! Being a Turbo Boost fan, I can't say enough.
After I took the charging base off the controller for a dual-cell charger, I had the perfect 'trial' controller to test my lack of skills on. I did it first time around!!
The additional information in the forum here helped out a ton.

The only trick for me now.....adjust my brain/reactions for this Anti-boost mod, being so used to the original 'stock' turbo boost mode. :grin:

Thanks CrazyDave and the others who contributed to the informative step-by-step process for this modification.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual