Anti-boost Mod

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Anti-boost Mod

Post by crazydave »

This mod is da bomb. Thanks for PsuedoRooter for turning me on to it, and thanks to Clyston at BitMod.tk for posting -->This<--

What it does:
It essentailly reverses the function of the boost button, so the boost is on continously, and you press the button to slow down. The only disadvantage I can see, is that the controller is constantly putting out a signal, so you'll have to make sure you shut it off when your done, so you don't kill your batteries.

What you need:
A resistor, and of coarse a soldering iron, solder, and basic soldering skills.

What you do:
First you take the controller apart. Remove the PCB from the front. Your now going to be looking at the front of the board. Cut the copper strip on the left of the boost button, the - one. Now attach a small wire from the contact on the left, to where the batteries + is going. You then just attach a resistor from the right contact on the button, to the contact where the battery's - goes. Clystron used a 10k, but I noticed in the bottom picture(from the link above) that someone had used a 1k resistor. Since that's one that I had around I used that. It worked fine, so I think you just need to put a resistor there of some sort, but I would stick to the 1k-10k range to be safe. Now you just need to put your controller back together, and that's the hardest part.

How does it work? Absolutely fabulous. Now the controller works the way my brain does, and it's so much easier to use. I also noticed if it's gettig a running start with the boost, the un-boosted mode doesn't seem so slow and choppy.

This mod get my highest reccomendation, whatever that may be.
Sorry about the fuzzy pic. I was too lazy to take my controller apart again, to take a better one.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

sweet, thanks for the english version! lol

now I just need to find that resistor
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

That's a great idea. Thanks Dave.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dave, you got the resistors...
how much would ya charge a pimp to fix him up with an always on boost controller?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:dave, you got the resistors...
how much would ya charge a pimp to fix him up with an always on boost controller?
If your asking if I would do the mod to your controller, I would only ask that you cover my shipping back to you.

Of coarse if anyone wanted to throw in any Homies or bit parts, I wouldn't turn them down. ;)
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

good to know, I'm always looking for the easy way out lol
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

dude thats a 4cent part. ill see if i can grab a few from my friend.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I figured, but I swear the RS's around me are just adult day cares.
Instead of wasting my time running around the city looking for it, figured screw it, I'll pay someone else to do it. lol

however, if you can find it, lemme know
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, Cabo, if you want I'll send you a resistor or two. I just assumed that you didn't feel like taking your controller apart. ;)
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I don't lol - but this mod doesn't scare me like the mosfet
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm going to be doing mosfet mods for me and Havok this week. I get it, but I'm a little intimidated, because mosfets can be easily damaged by heat.

Pray for me. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I will, fingers are crossed.
let us know how it goes, if you feel all comfy with it - I might wanna be sending you my car, if you're still up for doing mosfets
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I did my LXX controller too, and now that car is much more enjoyable.

I took a clearer pic while I was at it.

Cabo, I'll let you know how it goes with the mosfets.
crazydave's Gallery
PseudoRooter

Post by PseudoRooter »

You are welcome crazydave. Glad it helped you out.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

awesome...just the way I like to run my transmitter /w Booster Cap.
I'm surprized I didn't think of this one... Oh yea..I too funkin stupid.

-nox