rear suspension tutorial for a bit

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
betty.k
bitPimp

rear suspension tutorial for a bit

Post by betty.k »

ok pimps, time for me to reveal all!

http://community.webshots.com/album/113321980gJPpKR

click on the first pic and go through the album pic by pic, the instructions should be under each pic. so get chassis choppin' already! :smile:
and if you're not confident doing this, pm me. i do custom rear suspension conversions :-)
Last edited by betty.k on Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's excellent betty!
that's what I like to see - pimps sharing their knowledge, techniques, and expertise to help the others out.

great shots and instructions pimp - I think you've made alot of people happy now :grin:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

Aww man...everytime I see someone posting an ingenius mod, I hate myself for not having a digi-cam and Bill Gate's brain to share my own mods :( so instead i will make up stupuid threads about how i installed a fusion reactor to a bit and believe me its real and it works as well as i say!!. 2ml of water gives it a 4 year runtime and i can pop wheelies for 80feet!!!

Anyways, nice work there Betty.k, very orignal....the rear suspension reminds me of a Mini-Z.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i based the design around a mini z. hence the similarity, and the word h plate. :-)
thanks cabo, this mod is just so effective and fun, i couldn't keep it in any longer and i'm too vain to keep secrets like that! 8-)
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

how to charge?

Post by sg219 »

:???:

I like the MOD, but have a few questions....

How do you charge your car after the mod? Where do the charging tabs go? Does a body fit back on?

If you can help.....................
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

How do you charge your car after the mod? Where do the charging tabs go?
with the car in the tutorial, i just added a dc socket which sat on the pcb cover. have a close look at at the 2 screws under the battery in this pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/104 ... 6559aAmikp

what i usually do is extend the battery terminals to go under the batteries, and those 2 screws go through the chassis, and into the extensions. those screws then become the charging terminals. it won't fit on a normal charger after the mod, so i made an adaptor which i use for all my suspension rigs, pics here

http://community.webshots.com/album/104275236jxEoWz/1
Does a body fit back on?
i raise my shells a little, so i raise the front tab and use that to attach the front of the shell. i then glue a couple of bits of foam rubber to the sides of the shell (inside) and the shell then grips the sides of the chassis, leaving the rear free to move. i generally have to trim the rear of the shell to allow clearance for the rear end to move unhindered, except with hummer shells, they just need a little internal trimming. here's a pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/106 ... 75aWzeFC:-)
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

rear end

Post by sg219 »

Thanks for the help and info!!

But this sounds like it might be a bit more involved than I first thought. I'm going to have to try this when I have much, much more time.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

ok, here's the next installment. i'm working backwards and explaining the hinge making process this time.

http://community.webshots.com/album/114675042Xgbpue

the next one i do will cover my chassis chopping process, the first stage. :cool:
i used to be cool
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

UPDATE!!

the full rear suspension tutorials are completed now, plus many more. i'll be putting the front suspension tutorial up by the end of the weekend and there'll be many more to come as i think 'em up! the site will be updated regularly so drop by from time to time, see what's new :-)
i used to be cool
lose alot
bitThug

Post by lose alot »

:) nice i like it alot. great job.
pope > martin luther
lutherans = devil
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Somebody should put this on a sticky so it's stays up at the top. It deserves it. This is one of those break-through mods. I should know. I've got one of his monster bits that rocks the house.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you can find all this and more in the articles section now :-)
i used to be cool