JB weld

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
bdebde
bitPlaya'

Post by bdebde »

My car almost quit flipping after this mod, of course I put the convertible body on it at the same time, so that helps too. Now instead of flipping with my dual cell car, it slides like mad, enough to roll the socks (tires) off of it. I had to glue the tires on!
Scotty, beam me up.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

woooo.... what's cool.

can you make a video of this? (unglued tires falling off, because of torque).
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ok i may like the putty for this mod now that i put some graphite in there. the stuff dries so incredibly hard that it allows for even less flex than jb.

my new zipcrap is the first car ive owned that can consistantly peel out in fwd and reverse.

roll the tires off? on what surface?
bdebde
bitPlaya'

Post by bdebde »

I got no way to get vid on computer, good video card is fried, running on the built in video card. And I have glued the tires on already. With the jb holding the axle in, those tires are staying on there until they're paper thin. The surface is painted concrete floor, some kind of epoxy floor paint. I put a new axle and tires before doing the jb in the axle. First time I was running it, I was sliding it around (with pretty good control too), and then all of a sudden it just kinda crawled and veered off to one side when I tried to go. Picked it up, and the tire was rolled off towards the chassis and rubbing. I continued to drive it until the battery was dead (a long time with peak charged 110 mah bats), and the tires would keep rolling off the rims! I glued the tires right after that run, no fun chasing the thing to put the tires back on!
Scotty, beam me up.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I'm think my local hardware store is open tomorrow. I'll have to get me some. Awesome idea hog.