Soldering tip: Quick battery stand

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Soldering tip: Quick battery stand

Post by crazydave »

There's no easier way to end up overheating your batteries when soldering them, than to try to solder them unsecured, falling, and rolling everywhere. I used to use a pair of vise-grips adjusted just wide enough to hold the battery in place, but the other day, something got in my way that made the most perfect battery holder:

A Krazy Glue cap, fits batteries perfect. I was figuring, if you saved them, and had a few around, you could saw off the side a little, and glue them together to make soldering jigs, to hold multiple cells in place snugly together. (Or with a predetermined spaceing if you prefered.)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

golly, you've been a busy little poster haven't you?! :lol: good work bloke :-)

nice little stand, we got no krazy glue down here so i just use blue tack as a soldering stand.
i used to be cool
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Doh! I love it!

I don't have one of those magnifying glass deals with the alligator clip arms or whatever. Yet.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
Fordman212
bitHood

Post by Fordman212 »

Awesome idea. I coulda used that a few nights ago when i was tri-celling my Mt.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Fordman212 wrote:Awesome idea. I coulda used that a few nights ago when i was tri-celling my Mt.
I bet you're pretty anxious to see how this 3rd post of yours is gonna fly, huh? Me too... :shock:
Last edited by hue35 on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

MotorGong wrote:Doh! I love it!

I don't have one of those magnifying glass deals with the alligator clip arms or whatever. Yet.
Just speaking from experience, those aren't really that helpful. They aren't balanced very well, and the alligator clips need to be wrapped with tape so they don't gouge the plastic with the teeth. Maybe if you secured the base to your table it might be useful, but it's just really awkward to use for bits.

What I don't have yet, but I'm sure will be much more useful is one of those magnifying goggle headset things that jewelers use. I also have some locking tweezers that are really useful.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Great "Around Da House" use of shit Cavey :-o

Everyone already knows about cutting the top of a 2 liter soda bottle
to hold your body while painting right?
I read that shit somewhere (maybe here) and use that technique all the time 8-)
Fordman212
bitHood

Post by Fordman212 »

Ha, you right Hue...Lets see how it goes... If it doesnt go well, ill either re-register, or just quit postin all together. Or maybe ill just keep postin, and let whoever wants to be an ass get over it.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Fordman212 wrote:Ha, you right Hue...Lets see how it goes... If it doesnt go well, ill either re-register, or just quit postin all together. Or maybe ill just keep postin, and let whoever wants to be an ass get over it.
See, now that's an ok post. Only 3-4 spelling mistakes, 5-6 punctuation/capitalization mistakes, and not too much attitude. Be cool, don't be stupid, and roll with it. :-o
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

SuperFly wrote:
Fordman212 wrote:Ha, you right Hue...Lets see how it goes... If it doesnt go well, ill either re-register, or just quit postin all together. Or maybe ill just keep postin, and let whoever wants to be an ass get over it.
See, now that's an ok post. Only 3-4 spelling mistakes, 5-6 punctuation/capitalization mistakes, and not too much attitude. Be cool, don't be stupid, and roll with it. :-o
Well, shit yeah... if that was a test, you passed it. Now, just follow SuperFly's words of wisdom, and all will be cool.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

What I don't have yet, but I'm sure will be much more useful is one of those magnifying goggle headset things that jewelers use. I also have some locking tweezers that are really useful.
I have to use these (eye sight) when I mod. The older I get......... :search: :lol:
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

DarkTari wrote:
I have to use these (eye sight) when I mod. The older I get......... :search: :lol:
Yeah, me too. I don't wear glasses and my eyesight is good, but I tend to do most of my modding/pimping between 11pm-2am and my eyes are just tired by then.