Dual Celling For Dummies

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
Kiwi

Dual Celling For Dummies

Post by Kiwi »

Im new here and i noticed there are alot of questions on dual celling, even if there is a (quite complicated) sticky about it. So i thought i'd make a thread for all "dummies" that dont really get how to dualcell a bit.
There are two ways to dual cell a bit, either the parallel way (which gives you more runtime but the same speed) or the seriall way (which gives more power and less runtime). I am going to explain how to dualcell a bit using the seriall way.
For this "article" we are going to use a stock 1:64 FIT-RACER (a clone). The PCB might look different in other bits but i hope they dont.

The picture is supposed to say that the wires not should touch eachother, sorry for that :P

Dualcelling:
What you see above is a simple diagram of a dualcelling to get more power, this pretty much explains itself that you dont have to do anything to the PCB, only attach another battery. I previously mentioned that seriall dual celling reduces the battery time and gives the engine more volts (2,4V if you are using 1,2V batteries) which makes it run faster. To get past the problem of constantly loading the battery, buy 2 new batteries in the same size (or slightly bigger if you cant find that small batteries) with the same Voltage but more mA (milliampere, describes the total power inside the battery), in that way you will get a longer runtime, maybe even up to 4-5 hours straight! The problem is though, if you drive the bit too much the engine will sooner or later die, because it gets higher Voltage than it should, so drive MAX 1 minute straight, then let the engine cool down for about half a minute.

Charging the batteries:
As the batteries now are a total of 2,4V you will have to make a custom charger for them as the stock charger only loads 1,2V. Either you can try the CaboWabo article charger or buying a charger (this will require that you remove your batteries from the bit, the best way would be to not solder if you're buying one). Also you can build your own charger like SuperFly. If you follow my advice and buy a battery with higher mA you will have to charge the batteries approximately every 3 hours (depending on how high mA you get, 750 should be enough).

Hope that clears things up!
/Kiwi :cool:
By the way, it would be great if you made this to a sticky
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Yu want your first post to be a sticky?
This has to be really groundbreaking stuff.

It IS informative, but this site has been up a really long time. I think the mods might prefer to sticky something new. But you never know.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Probably one of the cleanest first posts I have read in a while.
Kiwi

Post by Kiwi »

Edit: Thanks for stickying my thread. Here's a pic of how to wire the batteries:
I got:
1:28 Iwaver 02 - Ford GT
1:64 Fit Racer Honda Accord * DEAD :( *