Snakes In A Bit. err... I mean Diff in a Bit.

Tutorials, tips, and tricks by pimps. Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

I could use the excuse of .......oh fuck....erm....im sure there's one around here somewhere..... Infact , I dont think I have a working bit :eek: .

Clint , you know , if you could make these in a larger scale , and patent them (possibly). You sell them on just about every micro rc shop/forum !

I mean , without seeing what you have done here , and you advertising a bit char-g with differential , I would most certainly pay around $50-$60 USD for a RTR bit with an installed diff. :-) , hey im just throwing out thaughts from my crazy imagination. :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

3x optical, 11x digital on macro at vga resolution.. interesting pics..

As you see, on a carbon axle. gotta order/find the right stuff for the axle...
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

How's it work beanoman? Pretty easy to put together I take it? Man, makes me wish I hadn't gotten out of 1/64th. Put that thing in an SE and it would make the perfect micro.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Cool, I see you moved the mt bevel gear to the lower section of the blue
transfer gears. If that works well enough, you can replace the blue
transfer gears with the black zz motor pinions and reduce the diff package size.

Fyi, the pressure of the zzmt bevel gear on the transfer gears determines the diff's action... from full open slip -> to no slip(locked). So you can adjust as needed.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

I had the bevel on the outer part of the gear, but it liked to hit the ground then? This setup appears to work fine, and I think I found some metal rod that will work for the axle. Now all I need is a test victim... I think I want one of the Cars ZZ's for the geared steering, but simplicity of a non propo set up. I have a spare 130 mah lipo, so that will probly end up in there too :smile:
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I just came across this and fell out of the fuckin chair! Damn clint, you're on your way to making the perfect micro....can't wait!

major :-o
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Clint, how do you adjust the pressure on the bevel gear, is it just a case of glueing it in a different postion, or would a screw/spring set-up be better.
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

TeamBonzer wrote:Clint, how do you adjust the pressure on the bevel gear, is it just a case of glueing it in a different postion, or would a screw/spring set-up be better.
yup. glueing in a different position. I usually use a small ammount of ca..then check..pop it off..re-ca..etc.

once it's good. then i use more ca for a permanent hold.

I thought about using a spring, but there's just no room. If you can find
taller tires, it would work.

i'm also working on a new version of the diff. stay tuned.
TeamBonzer
trackPimp

Post by TeamBonzer »

Clint wrote: also working on a new version of the diff. stay tuned.
After your first attempt :smile: - cant wait to see what you got in the pipe line - Make my day :eek:

Cheers

TB
BonzerGear - Scream for more
Race for Real - not in slots
Stuck in a rut? Break free with Bonzer Racing
www.bonzerracing.com