Cheap track Idea for apartment

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
Bit Fan

Cheap track Idea for apartment

Post by Bit Fan »

:???: Im thinking about going and buying some flat black poster board, and useing duct tape to put the pieces together so I can lay it on my bed. Ill just have to lay the pieces out on something flat like the kitchen floor so when i tape them together the pieces but together as smoothly as possible, maybe packageing tape would be better to use for putting them together as it is so strong.

I would just keep racing them on the kitchen floor but i have my parents cats to deal with then.

I just need a dirt cheap way for right now. What are your thoughts.?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That's not a bad idea. Some other stuff that works pretty good is the really thin foam used as drawer liners in tool chests. You can get it in a roll.

Your idea would allow you to use your bed as the surface, though, while the foam would require an additional table or solid surface to put it on.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Foam poster board would do the same thing. Stiff enough to lay on a bed,
light enough to transport easily. You can stick push pins in to hold barriers
in place, surface is a bit slick but that's great for drifting :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I got a 4'x4' piece of fiberboard from Home Depot for a few bucks. I actually use it ploppedd out on the end of my bed most of the time.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bit Fan

Post by Bit Fan »

Sounds good to me guys. :-o
Bit Fan

Post by Bit Fan »

8) The track idea I had worked good, car seems to run good on it. I think Im going to have to check the motor and gearing in my car tomorrow. Motor seems to be buzzing like there is more drag than normal on it. Im thinking time to clean the gears and check for lint and other things that might cause some binding. Car still runs pretty quick though.