Greyscale Racing MRCG

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

i'm puttin in an order right now.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

dem's my gandini's!!!! 8-)

pm me your addy again at gsr mate, I've got those screws now.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

Been too long without an update!

Well that's because I've been testing and testing and testing:

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrikpi78MPI[/YouTube]
Greyscale Racing
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Lookin' good!
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wait. Are you married? becase I can see a Loraina Bobbet type thing if a wife were to see you running that on marbel floors... It looked good though. Keep up the great work. and maybe sleep on your stoumach for a while. :grin:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

The beauty of foam tires is that they're totally undestructive. :-o

More and better updates soon, I promise... here's one of the motor mounts just beginning the machining process.

Greyscale Racing
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

sidewinder wrote:Wait. Are you married? becase I can see a Loraina Bobbet type thing if a wife were to see you running that on marbel floors... It looked good though. Keep up the great work. and maybe sleep on your stoumach for a while. :grin:
oh he's married.. can't you tell? Look at the pink slippers. :)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Murdoch wrote:
sidewinder wrote:Wait. Are you married? becase I can see a Loraina Bobbet type thing if a wife were to see you running that on marbel floors... It looked good though. Keep up the great work. and maybe sleep on your stoumach for a while. :grin:
oh he's married.. can't you tell? Look at the pink slippers. :)
Maybe he's just into that sort of thing? :shock:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

sidewinder wrote:Maybe he's just into that sort of thing? :shock:
:???:

*stifled laugh*
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I could be wrong, but I think color0 is either a senior or just out of high school, and that's probably his parents' house.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

Only a high school senior, which unfortunately puts a limit on the crazy things I can do. :lol:

Don't be hating my pink slippers. :lol:
Greyscale Racing
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I don't think anyone is hating the slippers :???: in fact in some places that would make you really cool. I hear that in public schools now they have special...uh..."advisors" to help the kids figgure out just that kind of issue. :-)

And if/when you go to college remember that your Professors are great at the subjects they teach (well most of them) but in any other subject of discussion they are usualy full of crap. You'll see what I mean soon.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

LOL... yeah, the condition is called teen rebellion, explains a lot of crazy colors I've seen worn lately. :lol:

I took the RM car to the tennis court recently, drove over 2"x1" ruts (2" wide, 1" deep!) in the concrete, heard the chassis smack the ground each time, but nothing broke or loosened up. That's good from a durability standpoint. :)

Even with the batteries pushed full forward, the car has massive rear grip. I was still using medium-compound GRP foams front and rear so it should've spun like a top, but all I got was a moderate degree of understeer and a little slide if you brake too hard and wrench the wheel. I'm more than happy with the results.

Cleaning is about the same time-wise as your average MR02. For those concerned about electronics: I didn't have any glitching issues despite all the dust on that board, but you may want to seal/heatshrink/case electronics if you drive in more rigorous environments. Indoor cars will have no issues.

I'm still working on the MM production car, obviously, but the G10 chassis parts are already done:

Greyscale Racing
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

color0 wrote:Only a high school senior, which unfortunately puts a limit on the crazy things I can do. :lol:

Don't be hating my pink slippers. :lol:
your parents must be very supportive.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

Yes, but I don't get a graduation gift so that's a reasonable tradeoff. :-o
Greyscale Racing