Please Recycle: Scrapyard Score

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

I think when you have the money, a set of these are in order.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/3288/

http://www.rceasy.com/2008/05/29/hpi-wo ... heel-26mm/

6mm and 9mm should do you fine... lol.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

/\ "cough" black umm what?

:lol:
frizzen is a friend of mine
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

evoraptor wrote:I think when you have the money, a set of these are in order.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/3288/

http://www.rceasy.com/2008/05/29/hpi-wo ... heel-26mm/

6mm and 9mm should do you fine... lol.
Hmmm, those would look pretty hot with that Camaro body. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

After spending some time with it, I realized, the motor still has good pinch, it just felt odd when I was starting it, because the pull start was slipping. I also discovered the ear is cracked off the steering servo in such a way that it took the whole side of the case with it. I can replace both of those, but I'm running out of broken CEN car to rob from. :lol:

I went to the LHS for my birthday the other day, and decided to just grab whatever they had on hand. They actually had the '69 Camaro that I wanted, but it cost $7 more, and the wheels and tires already put me over budget, so I had to settle for a Skyline. I also got some HPI chrome mesh wheels, and V-groove tires.

When I was mounting the body I screwed up royally, don't know what I did, but I managed to get the mounting holes about a half inch off. So since I have two sets of holes, I wasn't feeling this body any more. I was just going to do a single color, when I decided, what the heck, let's experiment. I streaked in four shades of blue (if you count aqua as a shade of blue), grey, and backed it all with silver. The sunlight makes certain colors jump out. These pictures look good, but I should take some under different lighting, so you can see how it changes.

crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Just tell people that the extra holes behind the posts are for cooling. :eek:

Wait a sec. I think I'm missing something. If that's a Nitro car why isn't there a big hole in the windscreen to get air to the motor? Don't they do that any more?
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote:Just tell people that the extra holes behind the posts are for cooling. :eek:

Wait a sec. I think I'm missing something. If that's a Nitro car why isn't there a big hole in the windscreen to get air to the motor? Don't they do that any more?
I wanted to take pictures before I put a big ugly hole in my window. ;)
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

There, you happy Bilbo? Does it look like a nitro car now?

crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:There, you happy Bilbo? Does it look like a nitro car now?

Trust me I liked it before the holes are there. It does look Nitro now. How does it run? Plan on racing it, or drifting.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wait, what happened to the paint between pics... did it actually cook it? Or is it just lighting?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote:
crazydave wrote:There, you happy Bilbo? Does it look like a nitro car now?

Trust me I liked it before the holes are there. It does look Nitro now. How does it run? Plan on racing it, or drifting.
Sorry, Bilbo, in retrospect, I think my last post came off rather blunt. I was tired, and I didn't mean for it to come out like that.

Anyways, it actually runs great. It seems a little rich on the bottom end, but it has no low end adjustment needle so we'll live with that, but it starts right up, idles smooth, and seems to be in tune, even though I haven't touched a needle. I wish I had a road coarse to race it on. Sedans are a little boring to me, if I had a road coarse to navigate, it would be much more interesting.. I can drift with the tires I used to have on it, but yesterday I was just blasting speed runs up and down my parking lot.

sidewinder wrote:Wait, what happened to the paint between pics... did it actually cook it? Or is it just lighting?
That's what I was saying when I posted the pics, different lighting make some colors jump out. First pics were done at sunrise, with forced flash. Second pic was taken at dusk, before a rain storm, with no flash. In the first pics you can see the Maui Blue, it almost glows, and the Bright Blue across the nose is always visible. In the after pic, the Ultramarine Blue pops out. I actually buried some spotted flames in that shade, and they should be obvious in that pic, but now they're buried under nitro crud, and the glare on the hood. When you look at it under incandescent lighting, the Aqua is predominate, with the darker blues apparent. It really is a cool paint job. Y'all should fly on over here and check it out in person. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

:???:

Orange cones and a tennis court?

Couple of garden hoses and a long driveway?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote::???:

Orange cones and a tennis court?

Couple of garden hoses and a long driveway?
That's my problem, this thing needs a lot more room than a tennis court to wind out, and my parking lot is fairly active, I would have to take down whatever I set up every few minutes to let cars pass. Yesterday I had some asshole making laps around the parking lot, and I think he was doing it just to get a better view of my car running, but I pull over and stand over it whenever I see a car anywhere close, so he was defeating his purpose, if I assumed correctly.

I've got orange cones, and I was going to take them down to a nearby strip mall before every thing opened today, but it rained all night. So maybe next weekend.
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you need some room to wind it out just hop in your car and drive over to the Mansfield Ohio area I can show you a ultra smooth paved area that's about 1/2 square with almost nothing to hit. :-) You have to get permission to use it but I know the security gaurd and he loves RCs. :grin:

I forget where you are but it with gas so cheap why not plan a road trip? :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand