How to play 3 ZZMT at the same time?

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
rcrally
bitThug

How to play 3 ZZMT at the same time?

Post by rcrally »

ZZMT offer 2 different 27 and 49 ony. How to play 3 ZZMT at the same time?
Can i use my bit's pcb for ZZMT ? its channel is different to ZZMT.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Yeah, you can switch out the pcb for a diff Mhz.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

The spec of ZZMT and a bit are the same? how to install bit pcs to ZZMT? ZZMT runs at 1.2v or 2.4v ? thx
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Bit PCBs and ZZMT PCBs are different and not interchangeable. Bit Char-G, Microsizers, and some ZipZaps use magnetic coils for steering. ZZMT's use a motor to control steering. You cannot swap the coils for the motor, I've tried. And yes, bits use 1.2 volt batteries and ZZMT use dual cells so 2.4 volt batteries. You're SOL on that option.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

thx for yr ans. I found out my ZZMT and a bit are the same 27mhz channel. Their controller are interchangeable. Thatz so funny. I have another ZZMT is 49mhz. My another r/c controller with 49mhz cant control my 49mhz ZZMT. why?? Anyway its pcb may be good to replace to ZZMT. 8-)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you look for European bits/zips they have different frequencies... now technically they are illegal for us in the US since the bands are not approved...but really, I doubt that the feds are going to care about a zipzap or bit in the euro band. The BitChar-G set I just got is Japanese and the two trucks are 35MHz and 45Mhz...I'm guessing Big Brother wont be knocking on my door...well, not for that anyway. :grin:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

The board setup on these are so bad about selectivity that you really don't have a good legal option. The ZZ-se boards just suck.

Do we have an IR option? Q-steer or Buggy? Broken Airhogs stuff?

I would NOT suggest (as frizzen does NOT condone breaking federal laws and all that)...

...that you find something in a Bullet or Oval Clone with a Dual Motor setup like a StuntCar (the one where the front end spins on the articulation axis), in a non-legal frequency (30, 35, 40, 72mhz...). Swap the car board over, then charge it off a ZZ-M controller, and play with it using the Clone remote. You'll lose things like Lights, and no guarantee on how the transistors compare to stock ZZ-M.

Yep, that's definately what I would NOT do in this situation...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hum? I was thinking of using some micro heli stuff in the future...has anyone done this yet? I'd kind of like to see how it came out.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

i have a broken bit r/c . its other than 27 and 49. i just worry about its pcb has not enough power to drive the servo and motor of zzmt. And i don't think IR micro helo can be used even it is 2 channel because its pcb can only drive the motor from 0 to 1. r/c car need 0 to 1 and 0 to -1 to make it forward/rev and L/R.

I found out my ford ZZMT is stuttering steering when it is far away from controller. There is no problem when closer to control it. I checked it is not caused by low battery.

Also I wanna exten the wheelbase for my ZZMT. Where I can find a longer main shaft? And how to hold front and rear of chassis with main shaft?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Do a search for "antenna tube mod" I think that's what it was called anyways. You can use a section of an old antenna for the shaft if I remember right...or I could just be getting senile, well it's gotta be one of the two.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Metal coat hangars are a great driveshaft replacement. Look for one that's just a hair over 0.090" then you file both ends to make the bevel gears fit tightly. then throw in a couple bearings, and a styrene sleeve over the shaft.
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Where do you get .090 ID bearings? My hardware store sucks... next I suppose I'll find out they make tiny U joints and I don't have to try to make my own for my "super secret" project that I've been working on.
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

Just read the article about "antenna tube mod". it looks like to glue the main gear to antenna. is it he way to hold the gear?
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Um, mine were removed as unairworthy from a Collins HSI-45 Horizontal Situation Indicator back while I was overhauling avionics. Uh, from the bearing store? I didn't know there would be a quiz or I would have held onto one of the bearing envelopes.

Making U-joints sucks! My SS-M project needs some. I've figured out the process, but haven't made one I like yet.
What's your super secret project? Throw a hint into the Half-Bakery...
-
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, I've been thinking of putting up a tease in the halfbakery, if I just thought there was half a chance at this point of this not becoming the biggest FUBAR in history(especially since I've seen others fail miserably with the idea). Think truck for now and I'll get something written up about the idea.

I did find a supplier of really tiny U joints and needle bearings, but at $35-$60 each it could get expensive fast. It's almost worth it just to see the machining that went into them, but since I'd need at least six if I don't screw things up...well...

OH crap! I was about to post a link, just in case anyone was interested in u joints as small as .25in, but for some reason my bookmark didn't record it. Not that I was going to spend the money anyway...it's just that it took a couple of hours searching. :-(