New Receiver idea

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
eddy
bitHood

New Receiver idea

Post by eddy »

I cant beleive nobody has had this idea yet, but if you take out a micro rc plane receiver and put it on a bit/zip, you could possibly get propo and all of that good stuff we all like.
If anyone wants a custom Avatar, PM me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: New Receiver idea

Post by sidewinder »

I don't know if anyone has actually done it in this country, but in Europe, especially Germany, I've seen some bits adapted with micro airplane receivers.

You should check out the TTTT Table Top Truck Trials... just search TTTT, here's a thread on tinyRC that has sources for the parts, check out the electronics links. http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8583

Here's a thread that has some good pics and links: http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8583
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

They have lipos! ive been looking for those for ever! thanks for the find. :) :-o Im gettin paypal for this. No ebay though
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Not a problem. You might search some threads here too...there were a couple of sources for lipos that a few pimps found. If you're looking at any of the past builds and see a piggybacked foil packet, that's the lipo. Now, if I could just remember who did what. If I think of who had them I'll see if I can find the thread with the link.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you can also use a kyosho mini z pcb if you wanna mod it:

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... =49&t=8407
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

For something bit size? How small are they?

As you can tell, I've obviously never owned a mini z. :???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:For something bit size? How small are they?

As you can tell, I've obviously never owned a mini z. :???:
About the size of a Zip Zap.

Read the thread betty links to. He details his whole build up, and shows the board in the car.

It's not that no one thought of the idea, it's that many of us played with bits because they are relatively inexpensive. Hobby grade micro-electronics can get fairly pricey. MiniZ/Iwaver PCBs however could be found reasonably cheap.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

Just a noob question but what does pbc stand for?
Last edited by eddy on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks Dave, I'll have to find that link, I have an extra epoch PCB that I've been thinking up uses for. I may use it for a 6x6 build eventually. But it's good to know that after I add too much juice and cook the epoch pcb that I can use a mini z.

OH, and Eddy, PCB= printed circuit board...it's the flipped up part in the picture below. BTW, it's not my picture I borrowed it from R7R.

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Thanks Dave, I'll have to find that link,
betty.k wrote:you can also use a kyosho mini z pcb if you wanna mod it:

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... =49&t=8407
:wink: :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
eddy
bitHood

Post by eddy »

I need to learn some german. They got some intresting stuff in germany. They know how to do it there! :screwed: :-o :mad: How do I change my signature?