Any about zipzap se

Getting bad reception? Got questions about motors, gears, and batteries? Learn how to make it go faster, roll smoother, and more in here.
rcrally
bitThug

Any about zipzap se

Post by rcrally »

I have a zipzap se. The negative angle of camber for the front right wheel is little bit more than the left. Does it normal? it works fine but little bit grip for one side than other. How can i fix it?
Last edited by rcrally on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: camber for zipzap se

Post by sidewinder »

I was working on a caster camber plate for zips a while back, it was a complete disaster. :-( Short of building a custon front end (like I was trying to) you might be able to fill in the holes where the hub goes with JB weld, when its set you could then redrill them at the angle you want. Other than that??? I have no clue.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

Either the hole at the hub is too big or front axle is too long. Anyway the right axle is pretty loose than other side. I m thinking to make a tiny and thin C ring to the axle and make it tighter.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you can do it without making it to tight to turn,it might work; if it works out you might want to post some pictures :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

i have a new Cadillac Escalade body and install to my ZZ se viper. But it doesn't has any sound when drive. why?? :???:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

It should have enough juice to drive the speaker, Does it light up the lights on other bodies?
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

Both black and silver body head and tail light works fine. They just has no sound when drive.
rcrally
bitThug

Post by rcrally »

ok they have sound and works now :lol: maybe they had low battery before.
rcrally
bitThug

Re: Any about zipzap se

Post by rcrally »

what is capacity of the battery for zzse? is there any way to make it have longer running time? 3 min is not enough for me.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'm sure it's posted here somewhere, I know with most zzs you can just charge them twice on the TX because they only charge to something like 40% on one charge...I'm guessing the SEs are the same...but search "charging" or peak charge on here before you try it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

rcrally wrote:what is capacity of the battery for zzse? is there any way to make it have longer running time? 3 min is not enough for me.
The SE battery is 40 mah, not a lot, but the stcok charge doesn't fill them all the way. I'll charge them off the controller 2-3 times until warm, and I get reasonable run times, usually in the 10 minute range.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey Dave, as long as were talking about things I'm too lazy to search, do you remember the maximum voltage you can put through a zip monster board before cooking it? I'm thinking of using a dual motor set-up on a little bit larger chassis and I think I have room for up to 4 AAA batteries (full size AAA's not the zip size 1/4 AA's) I think I can get away with three of them (4.5V) but I'm not sure if there is different discharge rate that would cause an amperage problem? :?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Damn, I double posted... :mad: