Review: NKOK 1/64th RC Boats (Preliminary)

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I don't wanna, I want yours
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Alright, after running the boats on Sunday I've got more info...

Steering
Just like a tank. There's 2 buttons, each controls the forward/reverse of each propeller under the boat. I was initially worried about the boats not going really straight when both motors are activated but for the most part it goes straight just fine.

Turning though was actually MUCH better than i expected. You can make wide or SUPER tight turns depending on how you use the steering...Even doing 360s while in place! Pretty sweet.

Speed
Just fast enough to stay fun, get a pair of 3.8s in there and this shit could be SERIOUS fun.

Here's a pair of vids I took, they're shitty quality (my little digicam ain't meant for doing good movies, but it takes little movies anyway) but you can kind of get the idea.

Right-Click, Save-as:
- Boats 1 (340k, mpg)
- Bosts 2 (340k, mpg)
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

man now you got me itchin to open her up.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

are those boats going top speed in the vids?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Kind of tough to make what the top speed is, but try to watch when they're going in a straight line and that's the indicator of top speed.

The Boats come with a spare pair of propellers too, nice kit.

...Oh shit, now I'm thinkin:

- Instead of whatever sized dual-cells, put in a QUAD button cell (in series) in there with the 3.8s! The weight should be roughly the same, but HOLY SHIT would that thing ROCKET! Or even a dual-160mAH for nice LONNNNNNNG runtimes.
ezenterprises
bitGangsta'

open sesame

Post by ezenterprises »

please open it up and let us know what the thing can do... that would rock if you can mod this thing....
Videos for your PSP at www.geocities.com/ebaypsp
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I'm buggin Tiny to stock these boats, I NEEEEEED to get some boats...But I also NEED to not get hosed on price.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

word to all that!
I just know these can be modded, I can feel it. :eek:
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Alright, I think I talked Tiny into carryin the boats in the Shop.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

keep us posted on when they arrive!
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

The Discovery Store at the Palisades had a boat load of err... boats a couple weeks ago, they were like $20 a pop. Don't now if thats good or not, but it would be cool if tiny got 'em too!
:rockon:
darkG

Post by darkG »

I posted this on the micro rc center forums, costco is selling these boats (with a 1:64 hummer or f150 w/trailer to tow it) for $15.99. Run, don't walk, to costco.

Good luck, later pimps.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

darkG wrote:I posted this on the micro rc center forums, costco is selling these boats (with a 1:64 hummer or f150 w/trailer to tow it) for $15.99. Run, don't walk, to costco.

Good luck, later pimps.
Welcome darkG ..Thanks for the info, but I don't think my costco has em.. Can you pick some up for me, and I'll send you the $$$???

Like 2 or 3? Let me know G..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

darkG, you sure you don't mean Sam's Club? My local Costco ain't got em.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I went to Sam's, they no have here.
:???: gonna have to try Costco.

welcome to da crib DarkG