Wheel Adaptors?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric onroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Wheel Adaptors?

Post by sidewinder »

Does anyone know a source for wheel adapters that will let you run more modern wheels on a Bolink pan car? I have always run Bolink wheels so I don't know of any, but I'm guessing someone has to make them. Anybody? Thanks.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: Wheel Adaptors?

Post by PimpFloyd »

Sidewinder posted this question on my behalf - Thanks Sidwinder!

Not too long after I ran my question by him, I found the following adapters at Buds Racing Products website:

http://www.brpracing.com/6745.html

Very nice looking adpaters even if they are a bit on the pricey side.

I'd be interested in any other suggestions, products or ideas others may have run across.

Thanks!

Floyd
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Anytime Pimp. :-o If you have any questions I'll do my best to help you, the pan cars are pretty simple so I can figure out most of the stuff...except electronics, then I'm pretty clueless.

Those adapters do look pretty cool, I never really thought about using the touring car wheels but they would look great on the Eliminator, with a McAllister Toyota GTP or Nisan body. If you like GTPs or hot rods check out the bodies from McAllister: http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page9.html
I've been looking around for a Cobra body for you, I know there were a couple in the 200mm size, there almost have to be some in the wider size.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I DO like GTP's! Thank for the heads up on McAllister! The Vette touring car looked mighty nice as well!

I may just spring for those wheel adpaters at some point soon, I really like the idea of more modern wheel and tire combos for the pan car.

Thanks for looking for the Cobra body for me, much oblige!

Another question for you when you have a moment, I thought I read one of Shauns posts where he bought a pan car and in the process of cleaning it up...dyed the pan to restore it back to a nice black finish?

Can you dye the pans, what kind of dye?

Thanks!

PF
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I know you can dye nylon and other plastic parts, and I know dyes can stain fiberglass tubs (don't ask :roll: ) so probably. If you were dying nylon you'd use RIT fabric dye that you can get at a grocery store. I can't imagine it would hurt, I'm guessing on that, but you might want to ask Crazydave, he's a paint guy, but he might know. I don't think he'd mind a PM, he's always been good to me when I've asked him questions. You could try Shaun, but he's a teen with a cool car so he's not around that much... I'll ask on some of the other forums I am on.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

After re-reading Shaun's post, I see he was dying the nylon parts on his chassis. I think I'll just clean up my pan with soap and water and call it done.
but he's a teen with a cool car so he's not around that much
Oh to be young again :wink:

Thanks!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Actually, years ago, I had a Bolink Digger, and was looking for options, and came across the BRP adaptors. Since price rivaled the price of the car. I just trashed the car. That was awesome. Diggers kicked ass.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Diggers come and go on ePay now and agiain, Dave - you could re-live those days :wink:

The Bud adapters might open up the possibility of more modern truck wheels...

I'm currently having great fun with my sport - got a McAllister Nissan GTP bod coming and some new "shoes" from JACO. But at this point, I'm easliy amused :-D

Not my car below but what I'm hoping it will look like soon...

PF
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

PimpFloyd wrote:Diggers come and go on ePay now and agiain, Dave - you could re-live those days :wink:
Actually, it was a very basic kit, I could probably make one. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The Digger was the one with the side-plates and motor behind the rear axle for wheelies right? I had one of the legend versions (motor in front of the axle) and it was pretty cool, as long as the grounds was really, really smooth.

I love that Nissan GTP, I always have. I wonder if you can get the correct decals to make it like the original. Anyone have a dye sublimation printer? :lol:
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Yes, the Nissan is pretty cool and if it fits pretty decent, the Toyota may not be too far behind :wink:

Yeah, the decals will be a bit of a challenge. There's a place in the next town that did some custom vinyl stickers for me at one time. This may be a possibility if it isn't too costly. I could print the outlines of the letters out on white decal paper and cut them out - tedious but cheap.

One's things for sure, my driving inhibitions will be directly proportional the number of man-hours I spend on that body - at least for awhile...ok, a few days :-)

Happy Easter!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Does anyone know if there are bodies currently made that are able to mount unto the Bolink Eliminator cars? And who sells them? I came across some before, but I can't seem to find them again..... :|
I already have too many unfinished projects, but it'd be nice to know who sells them.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Hey ibjamn,

Bolink's website has bodies listed on it. I think they're still in biz - they better be because I ordered a bunch of parts from them last night.

http://www.bolink.com/bodies.html

Hope this helps!

PF
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Thanks, I did know about those.... but IMHO the Bolink bodies are too thin......

I just remember there were more choices when I had acquired an Eliminator a little while back.....
what I do remember, was after what seemed like an eternity, I had came across them from clicking link after link from other forums.

Basically, I'm feeling too lazy right now. :-D
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

When you work up the energy try the Mcallister link they have some cool stuff designed for pan cars. I think they should fit, have a couple of Eliminators including one of the Gold Editions NIB that I bought years ago and never put together. When I get done with the Wheely King and restoring my F102 I'm planning on starting a build with the Eliminator Gold...I might even bite the bullet and go with lipos and brushless. After all, who doesn't need an 80mph pan car?
http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page9.html