I'm being overrun!

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

I'm being overrun!

Post by crazydave »

Hey guys, I have to tell ya'll, I used to get really jealousof the RC stuff some of you guys got. Since I've started writing for the mag, I've acquired a lot of stuff, but I feel a little guilty. It's not like I busted my ass laboring for it, I didn't want to make anybody else jealous, so I haven't said much about it.

But I've realized, that's why we hang out on forums, to check out others people stuff. It seems like people around here have become more interested in discussing politics, than talking about their RCs, so I figured it's time, I need to go ahead and start showing off a little bit, what the hell, I had no problems showing off when I busted my ass for my stuff. So, to start with, here are the shelves in my bedroom. I honestly don't know where I'm going to put the next RC I get. I think I have mentioned every one of these cars around here, but if you see anything you're curious about, ask away, you know I'll be more than happy to talk about it.

What good is it to have all these cars if I can't share with you guys, so c'mon guys, lets start talking about our RCs more.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Re: I'm being overrun!

Post by Sporttracguy »

Ive got a question :-) How can i start writing for the magazine and start scoring all these great play things? :???:

Thats a great little collection you've got there Dave

STG
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

No shit. A long time ago I felt bad for you not having a lot. Now, you've got more than most of us and now I feel bad for myself. :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'm interested in the truck with the Semi body, top center. I saw these on one of the RC suppliers I have bookmarked (although I'd have to look to find it now) and it looks like a great deal, I've avoided nitro stuff in the past, but when I was looking at those I was really tempted. First, how does it run? Is it durable at all? and last what was it called? :oops:

BTW, if you need room to store the new ones I'd be willing to help... :-) Just kidding Dave, I just thought I should join all of the other people and help pile on. :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Well - I really like the Bronco body you painted recently - so that's one of my favorites right off the bat.

I would like to know a little more about the Baja Bug - center third shelf down, to the left. Colors are red/yellow/blue with green wheels.

Thanks!

PF
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ok, so some serious questions, what is to the right of the micro t (bug)? its yellow, orange and purple, an rc18t maybe?

Im also curious about the black ride between your mini LST and the xmod hummer

STG
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well isn't this kind of ironic, I got you guys asking questions, and I don't have time to answer them all as completely as I would like to, because I'm just checking in before work. :lol:

No worries though, all questions will be answered when I get home. :-o
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Alright, I'm back.
Sporttracguy wrote:Ive got a question :-) How can i start writing for the magazine and start scoring all these great play things? :???:
Just keep doing what you're doing, enjoying the hobby, posting about it on forums. When you feel you have something to offer, try to get their attention. They are all over the internet, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, all that crap.

When I got their attention, he asked to see what I had to offer, I had several, tutorials, write ups, and reviews that I wrote here, that I linked him too. So all them hours posting on the forum paid off.
ok, so some serious questions, what is to the right of the micro t (bug)? its yellow, orange and purple, an rc18t maybe?

Im also curious about the black ride between your mini LST and the xmod hummer
The black one is actually Cheezoom Teal, and that is an OG Iwaver 04, basically an exact copy of a MZM. I added bearing, the faster Perfection motor, alloy shock towers intended for the Overland, and a Lexan Chevy Colorado body pulled by DogBreathRacing. By this point it's being held together by strapping tape and superglue, but it's still going. :-o

...and yep you guessed it,a RC18. It was a B that I converted to a T. The Body is a Proline Crowd Pleaser. I dropped a LRP 18 turn mod in it, put a heat sink on the speed control, and borrowed the motor heatsink from the Tailwhip. It's really fast, and it's simple design is efficient. My only bitch is the open spur... got to get one of them Driven gear covers...

EDIT: I was just browsing the RC Driver website after posting this, and found the exact motor I put in my RC18 has just been re-released for 2009 :???:
http://rcdriver.com/newweb2/articles/fusion370.shtml" target="_blank

sidewinder wrote:I'm interested in the truck with the Semi body, top center.
Ahh The Exceed Mad Beast. One my favorites. It is comparable to the Savage at a much lower price, smaller than the XL, but still larger than the 4.6, 6'75" tires, and a 15" wheelbase, with the same size 4.6 motor and a 2-speed. While longer wheelbase makes it more stable, you can't do all the crazy wheelie stunts you see people do with Savages on YouTube. It is big and fast and will plow over most anything. This is the car that I crashed into a steel pole at top speed, mid-air, and the only damage was the lower shock mount on the suspension arm. That's pretty tough. But although the parts and fit are top notch, it hasn't really been tuned from the factory, the suspension needs tweaking, and the carb needed quite of bit of adjustment to get it running right, which is probably why these cars get such a bad rep among newbs, but with lots of tuning advise from Payaso, I was able to work through it no prob.
PimpFloyd wrote:Well - I really like the Bronco body you painted recently - so that's one of my favorites right off the bat.

I would like to know a little more about the Baja Bug - center third shelf down, to the left. Colors are red/yellow/blue with green wheels.
Actually I painted that I while back. I forget when i added the decal, and later changed the wheels back, but, I just recently snapped a shot because STG mentioned putting decals for his, so i was offering inspiration.

The other you mentioned is my Mini-T that I bought right before the Mini Baja came out, I added the aluminum shocks, bearings, and a Trinity mild mod motor, the Baja bug body, and I'm still using the battery from my Mini LST. Then they came out with the Mini Baja a month later that comes with all that, plus a battery , and separate electronics with a 3-wire servo, for about $40 less than I paid. I'm still pissed about that. :mad:

Now I have a question for you guys, if I was to make a video of one of these cars, which would you most like to see? I'm partial to the Speed-T or the Mad Beast, but whatever you guys say, and that's what I'll take out this weekend.
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Cool, I would love to see a video of the Mad Beast that wasn't made by people trying to sell them. I haven't bitten the nitro bullet since Cox powered cars, but hell, if I can get a Cox engine to run I can get anything to run. :roll:

***BTW, the PM I sent you about the Tamiya project...uh, forget it for a while :-( ...it was a typical Ebay FUBAR. :mad:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Thanks for the info on the mini-T, Dave. Love the paint on that! :-o

I'd be up for a vid on the Mad Beast!

PF
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

PimpFloyd wrote:Thanks for the info on the mini-T, Dave. Love the paint on that! :-o

I'd be up for a vid on the Mad Beast!

PF
Also forgot to mention the Mini Baja comes with two sets of rear tires, pin and paddles. Man, I gotta stop thinking about that. Any rate, looks like the Mini Desert is or Slider is the way to go now, with the longer chassis that is more stable and accepts the more common stick packs.
crazydave's Gallery
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I was up on Hobby Town's website last night - saw the mini slider in sprint car form, almost flipped! I really liked it.

Stopped in at the local HT USA today during errands and they had one, actually I think they had two different scales, the mini slider and, well the "bigger slider" LOL

Good thing I had the dog in the car or a few minutes more and I might of walked out with the mini!

Got up close and personal with an HPI 1/10 drifter too - Neat!

:)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I've got a Mini Slider and I love it. It works well in hard packed dirt and equally as well on pavement. One of these days I need to work up the energy to build a back yard oval for it.

I'm not as sold on the full size Slider, it would be a great basher, or if a local track has a spec Slider class, but I think it would get stomped by the Custom Works cars. I think my wire frame sprint would even stand a chance at stomping it. That said, if it's just for fun it would probably be a good car, I just think by the time you upgrade shocks, spings, A-Arms, motor, etc, you could get into a CW car for about the same price.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote: One of these days I need to work up the energy to build a back yard oval for it.
Dude, digging up dirt and playing in the mud is not as much fun as I thought it would be, this is back breaking work. Especially when you only have a piece of wood and a little shovel for tools. :o

... but I can't wait to get back to work on it tomorrow. :-D
crazydave's Gallery
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I've got a Mini Slider and I love it.
I'll assume it's the sprint car version? I really really like it!

Didn't you have one stolen along with your Lincoln?? Did you recover your old slider or buy another one?

PF