I'm being overrun!

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: I'm being overrun!

Post by sidewinder »

No, they got some old Tyco and Radio Shack (when they were still Tandy) stuff, a quick charger, and some batteries...the morons left the good stuff. Actually, I got my Slider as a roller off of ebay, someone cooked the electric stuff and sold the rest...I bought a Mini T from one of our guys here (and I'm guessing he may even read this post :lol: ) and used the aluminum parts, the receiver and motor for the Slider. He even included a cool Geek Squad VW Beetle body that I run on my Mini Baja from time to time.
crazydave wrote:
sidewinder wrote: One of these days I need to work up the energy to build a back yard oval for it.
Dude, digging up dirt and playing in the mud is not as much fun as I thought it would be, this is back breaking work. Especially when you only have a piece of wood and a little shovel for tools. :o

... but I can't wait to get back to work on it tomorrow. :-D
We have mostly rocky clay around here, it's so dense that you have to stand on the shovel to get it more tahn an inch or two into the dirt...but I plan on cheating:

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Man, it down poured this morning, and is still raining. It's too wet out there to get right on it like I planned. I'm bummed, but maybe if it stops soon, it'll at least have the ground nice and soft for me later.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

sidewinder wrote:We have mostly rocky clay around here, it's so dense that you have to stand on the shovel to get it more tahn an inch or two into the dirt...but I plan on cheating:

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught! :)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If I get caught I'm in trouble since I'm planning on borrowing the Bobcat from a friend while he's at a truck pull...it's always easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission. :mrgreen:

***don't try this at home kids unless the owner of the equipment has been a friend for over twenty years. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

sidewinder wrote:If I get caught I'm in trouble since I'm planning on borrowing the Bobcat from a friend while he's at a truck pull...it's always easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission. :mrgreen:

***don't try this at home kids unless the owner of the equipment has been a friend for over twenty years. :-o
that just means you gotta work fast. :mrgreen:
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

CD, did you do a write up on the Cen "Rally" car? Or did I miss one of your articles?
Not that I am interested in it, but is it as useless as it is ugly? :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:CD, did you do a write up on the Cen "Rally" car? Or did I miss one of your articles?
Not that I am interested in it, but is it as useless as it is ugly? :lol:
That was the second car I reviewed, almost exactly a year ago.

Actually it is a really fun car. Oh yeah it's ugly, but its essentially a 1/10th scale nitro car crammed into a 1/16th wheelbase, that's always good for kicks.

EDIT: Actually I made a little vid of it, that you commented on, you must have forgot. :lol:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 29#p118529" target="_blank

Well guys, I tried to make a video of the Mad Beast, but I ended up killing it. The rear diff is slipping. It might just need to be shimmed, but I'm sure I at least rounded the teeth. I didn't think I was being particularly abusive, but my little audience thought I tore it up pretty good, and couldn't believe it lasted as long as it did.

So I guess its back to work on my track, and we'll come back to the Mad Beast in a couple weeks.
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That's the way it always seems to happen, just when you think your not tearing things up badly somthing breaks and everyone tells you how insane you were driving. :lol: I'd forgotten about that video, it did look like fun, but it struck me as I was watching...is that why you had to move? I mean the noise in that little space must have really annoyed the neighbors. :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:That's the way it always seems to happen, just when you think your not tearing things up badly somthing breaks and everyone tells you how insane you were driving. :lol: I'd forgotten about that video, it did look like fun, but it struck me as I was watching...is that why you had to move? I mean the noise in that little space must have really annoyed the neighbors. :-)
No, I had to move because I got robbed, and didn't feel comfortable there anymore. The noise is no worse than the landscape guys with their leaf blowers, my cars didn't really attract much attention, except for the one guy that kept pestering me to sell him one. It got to the point where I'd watch for him to leave before I drove my cars, because I was so tired of him bugging me. He didn't understand the value, he wanted something for around $50.
crazydave's Gallery
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

crazydave wrote: EDIT: Actually I made a little vid of it, that you commented on, you must have forgot. :lol:
:oops: my bad- I did forget about that. :lol:
crazydave wrote: Well guys, I tried to make a video of the Mad Beast, but I ended up killing it. The rear diff is slipping. It might just need to be shimmed, but I'm sure I at least rounded the teeth. I didn't think I was being particularly abusive, but my little audience thought I tore it up pretty good, and couldn't believe it lasted as long as it did.

So I guess its back to work on my track, and we'll come back to the Mad Beast in a couple weeks.
Dude. You have more pull with that company than any of us could ever have. Call them up, introduce yourself...
"Hi, my name is Dave. You may remember me from the raving review of The Mad Beast that I wrote for the magazine RCDriver ............yes, I'm glad you liked it. Yes you're right, I'm sure you guys will sell more of them because of me ......"
8-) or something like that.... :-)

Just ask them if there have been any other complaints of that issue you have. Even ask them if any hop-ups have been planned for it, they may send them to you for free..... RCDriver does do follow up recaps of some of the vehicles, and some articles on full option upgraded performance. Sure it's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to inquire about it. :-o
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh yeah, I forgot about the robbery...I guess this is the thread for forgetting things. :sad: You should have found an old HPI MT and sold it to the neighbor, he would have been so frustrated with all of the crap breaking he'd never want another RC ever. Maybe mine was just a fluke but I swear that thing could break while sitting on a shelf.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:
crazydave wrote: EDIT: Actually I made a little vid of it, that you commented on, you must have forgot. :lol:
:oops: my bad- I did forget about that. :lol:
crazydave wrote: Well guys, I tried to make a video of the Mad Beast, but I ended up killing it. The rear diff is slipping. It might just need to be shimmed, but I'm sure I at least rounded the teeth. I didn't think I was being particularly abusive, but my little audience thought I tore it up pretty good, and couldn't believe it lasted as long as it did.

Dude. You have more pull with that company than any of us could ever have. Call them up, introduce yourself...
"Hi, my name is Dave. You may remember me from the raving review of The Mad Beast that I wrote for the magazine RCDriver ............yes, I'm glad you liked it. Yes you're right, I'm sure you guys will sell more of them because of me ......"
8-) or something like that.... :-)

Just ask them if there have been any other complaints of that issue you have. Even ask them if any hop-ups have been planned for it, they may send them to you for free..... RCDriver does do follow up recaps of some of the vehicles, and some articles on full option upgraded performance. Sure it's a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to inquire about it. :-o
You know IBJ, that might not be a bad idea. I hadn't really thought of that way. :???:
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

You collection grow since the original pictures?
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

VooDooMafia wrote:You collection grow since the original pictures?
Nope, I actually didn't get a car to review this month. Its the slow season, I knew this would happen, but I can't help but to feel a little guilty, because I still want another new car. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

crazydave wrote:
VooDooMafia wrote:You collection grow since the original pictures?
Nope, I actually didn't get a car to review this month. Its the slow season, I knew this would happen, but I can't help but to feel a little guilty, because I still want another new car. :lol:
I know how you feel, everytime I pick up something new I will still want something else after.

Just picked up the micro T, now I am looking at maybe a vendetta st rtr set or the hpi sprint 2 drift artr set.

You collection looks nice though....but no bits on that shelf :cry:
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker