Firehammer MT 1/5 scale truck?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Firehammer MT 1/5 scale truck?

Post by sidewinder »

Does anyone know anything about the 23cc 1/5 scale Firehammer trucks? I was looking at a swap meet and there was a guy who lives up the road who has a Duratrax Firehammer MT truck, it looks almost new and has all radio equipment. I didn't really think much about it at the time...it was big and cool looking, but I never paid attention to the large scale trucks. Anyway, he had some epoch stuff at his home that he didn't bring to the swap meet so I went by to check it out , when I got there he mentioned he'd "sold" the truck before I got there but the buyer never showed up with the money, so it's still for sale.

Does anybody know anything about these trucks? Any guess on how much a used one in really good condition would be worth? There's another swap meet next week so it will probably be there if I don't buy it, so I thought I'd see if they were worth the money before someone else has a chance.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Re: Firehammer MT 1/5 scale truck?

Post by ibjamn »

not me :razz:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Sounds like you've paid about as much attention to them as I have. I'm not really even looking to get into large scale, but this seems like a deal, unless they're total crap.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

While I'm not a big fan of Duratrax, the Firehammer seems like a decent route to go for a large scale monster. Mostly because there are not as many places that sell the large scale, and besides always being able to count on Tower Hobbies for support, there seems to be a few other places that don't normally specialize in large scale that also stock parts for these cars.

If you get a good deal used, I would go for it, but if I was buying a large scale car new, I would save my money for a Baja 5B. That's where the support is at right now.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks Dave, I just got an email saying the original buyer says he's comming over on Sunday with cash, he offered $375 for it, but if he doesn't show again I can have it for the $300 the seller told me on the phone. If it falls through I'm not really too upset because I wasn't really looking for anything that large scale (other than a FG F1 if I ever see one cheap :lol: ). I'm still looking at the Bandit VXL, but I keep getting sniped on ebay at the last minute, your off road Speed T looks tempting too. I love that Mad Beast you killed, and since it seems to be built solid I decided to look at some of the other Exceed stuff, too many choices... :sad:

I guess Pimp Floyd's search for a buggy got the "have to get something new" bug going in me...I shouldn't waste the money but since this is another year out of the race car I guess a few hundred for a new toy isn't that out of line. I guess I'll wait until Sunday and see if the first guys shows, if not I'll go from there.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I guess Pimp Floyd's search for a buggy got the "have to get something new" bug going in me
The ""have to get something new" bug is very slippery slope! I found myself at local HS again today after running errands...walked out with another "stick", motor cleaner and shock oil!

I have to look away from the brushless Stampede and Mini Slider when I'm at the counter now...heck I gotta look away from EVERY shiney new thing in box when I'm there now ;-)

I mowed a buggy track in a "grassy knoll" area on our proptery yestderday :-D That's why it rained today :-)

PF
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I know what you mean, I have to avoid the hobby shop up the way because they have 1/4 scale stuff and a track where they have weekly races, I haven't even one to one of the races because I know myself well enough to know once I saw the 1/4 sprint cars running I'd have to have one. I spent enough years in a race car to realize it's a disease. The only thing that keeps it from being a terminal disease in full scale is the fact that you're spending other peoples money...

...well, until you run out and then you end up making small sacrifices for the sport, wife, house, sanity, etc. And with the 2-3K buy in on 1/4 scale and no real sponsorship to speak of I'm guessing it can get very expensive very fast.

:???: They are racing up there tonight :???: Good thing I have a flu or something again...

I wonder if it's that swine flu they are worried about? Oh hell, who cares, they say it's mostly killing the young and the healthy, so I should be safe.