Micro T Track WIP (Now Fortified with Video)

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Micro T Track WIP (Now Fortified with Video)

Post by sidewinder »

Dave, you have a neighbor who's a racer, ask him if he'd mind doing some mild welding. Get a piece of 1/4 - 1/2 steel plate cut into about a 18 inch square then have him take a piece of tubing like he has for his roll cage, most likely it will be 1 1/2” O.D. x .095 steel tubing, cut it to about 4-5 ft length and weld it in the center of the plate, you'll have a cheap tamper that you can use for years. Oh, and you might want to give it a quick coat of paint.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Scraping away with the wood works pretty good, it's just digging up the grass roots that takes time. When the ground gets too soft, I lay the wood flat and jump up and down on it.

A rolling pin is an interesting Idea, maybe a big piece of PVC pipe could work well. :???:

Go figure, I've got a place to play now, and I wear out the tranny in one of my cars. :mad:

Well, I was going to order more batteries soon anyways, I guess I'll just have to throw a tranny in there.

EDIT:, Hey that's a good idea SW, he's got a whole shop in the back of his truck, I'm sure he'd be happy to weld something up for me. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

have you made any changes to teh track since the pics in the first few posts?

I was going to start one but keep putting it off as I don't want to spend all that time diggin up grass and weeds lol
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

VooDooMafia wrote:have you made any changes to teh track since the pics in the first few posts?

I was going to start one but keep putting it off as I don't want to spend all that time diggin up grass and weeds lol

Holy shit dude... Where the fuck you been hiding?

Good to see you around, homie.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The quick way to get rid of grass is a little kerosene, it will kill the grass in about a day. Then if you really want it gone toss a match and the dry stuff burns away... :???: well, maybe not in an apartment complex. :???: Oh, and don't let the EPA find out, they have no sense of humor.

CD, the tamper works great, it's what you use on a dirt track when you fill a hole, so, your neighbor has probably seen them which will save the lengthy description (that I fumbled through).
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

payaso wrote:
VooDooMafia wrote:have you made any changes to teh track since the pics in the first few posts?

Holy shit dude... Where the fuck you been hiding?

Good to see you around, homie.

silla :D
Yea man its been awhile , sessiz and I where talking about the pimps not to long ago then I picked up a micro t and thought "hey where can I get info on making this shit faster" so you know the answer BitPimps :)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hey VDM, good to see ya! :-)

Nothing got done this weekend. I'm working on a paint job to sell in the LHS, so I can afford to fix the one car, and buy a bunch of batteries for both. Hopefully I'll be back on this in a few weeks.
crazydave's Gallery
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Thanks for the friendly welcome home :)

make sure to keep us posted on the progress as you are way further along then I am and I am looking for some ideas lol.

I have some in my head but thats as far as they are right now.

Have you done any modding to your cars yet?

I still love to fire up that ZZ you fetted and duel celled for me :)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

VooDooMafia wrote: Have you done any modding to your cars yet?
Well that's a silly question, isn't it? :lol:

Yeah, I had one of Ripper's Exo-T chassis, but that got converted back to a baja bug. The Micro Desert was a Micro-T. I've got Atomic shocks and springs, turnbuckles, pivot block, a HR pivot block on the other car, and a HR motor sink. I've run 6-cell packs, LiPo, and I've burnt out a few of those Atomic BB motors, but now I'm more into running my cars mostly stock, and just trying to keep them on the track. ;)
crazydave's Gallery
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well, its more fun driving on it than making it, so I haven't done much else.

So far we have the double jump. Which don't look like much, but I think the action is pretty scale. It presents a challange as wel, it will really trip the cars up if you don't hit it right.

Then I'm, working on making this a banked corner. Still got some live roots in this area. I need to get some more grass killer and kill those roots so it will be easier to dig up.

Then there's the naturally occurring obstacles. Like this rock filled gully that the rain makes running off the roof...

... and this one, that I've nicknamed, "The Litterbox". Its name is quite literal, you should drive around this pile at all cost. :shock:

Then more video. I brought both the cars out this time.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUwNed59CNk[/youtube]
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The timing on the end of the music was great, how long did it take to synchronize that? And, I can honestly say I haven't heard music like that since I quit going to clubs trying to pick up drunken college girls, not that it was bad (it wasn't) just not my type of music. Other than that though, it was a great video and the track looks like fun. :-o

...now if I could just convince people to make videos using Jimmy Buffett music.

...maybe a Revo jumping a house set to Pencil Thin Mustache or an old Clod tearing things up to Peanut Butter Conspiracy :???:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:The timing on the end of the music was great, how long did it take to synchronize that? And, I can honestly say I haven't heard music like that since I quit going to clubs trying to pick up drunken college girls, not that it was bad (it wasn't) just not my type of music. Other than that though, it was a great video and the track looks like fun. :-o

...now if I could just convince people to make videos using Jimmy Buffett music.

...maybe a Revo jumping a house set to Pencil Thin Mustache or an old Clod tearing things up to Peanut Butter Conspiracy :???:
I edit my videos, then I find the song that fits the time, I'll shuffle a few things around, and somehow things just sync up, I don't know, I think I have a gift with that.

Makes sense this reminds you of college bars, it's the Pixies, pretty much a standard as far as college rock goes.

Don't hold your breath for the Jimmy Buffet, but I've got a couple Leo Croce songs I'd like to use someday. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery