Ibjamn's rides

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Re: Ibjamn's rides

Post by ibjamn »

The electonics aren't sealed at all. It looks muddy in that picture, but it was just moist mud. The most water this thing as seen was wet grass... I'm afraid of damaging that ESC. :shock: But, I may throw in some cheap electrics when I get that urge to splash around.

All the screws were changed out to stainless steel way back. But, I did score a brand new TRX 2070 servo for dirt cheap on flea bay. It is the high torque ball bearing servo that comes with the VXLs. And with this part, it makes it the same as the waterproof high torque ball bearing servo. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XTKL4&P=SM
I just have to wait for it to be in stock.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

All this Stampede talk is making me really want one again, but now I'm really curious about the Losi High Roller. The bellcrank steering and metal motor plate are the major selling points to me.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Funny you should mention the bellcrank steering. I was studying the Slash's steering setup and the front skid plate. It is the same bellcrank parts as the Rustler and the Bandit. After seeing RPM's front skid plate for the Slash..... wheels started turning. I thought about hacking up this Stampede VXL chassis I got a while back.......... Then I remembered that the bumpsteer on mine is livable, and at least the skid protects the servo area.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished "pet Pede" (sorry, I'm a sucker for a bad pun)

The older version looked GREAT and also looked like it was very fun to drive. The pede is on my next buy list for sure.

BTW...I thought your washer solution to the motor mount issue was pure genius and well fab'd! 8-)

How could the pilot concentrate on driving that thing with that art work on the hood? :lol:

PF
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Worse yet, I think IBJ is married...so how do you hide the body from the wife when you're not running it? :lol: Maybe she's more understanding than my ex...she'd almost have to be.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

PimpFloyd wrote:Looking forward to seeing pics of your finished "pet Pede" (sorry, I'm a sucker for a bad pun)

The older version looked GREAT and also looked like it was very fun to drive. The pede is on my next buy list for sure.

BTW...I thought your washer solution to the motor mount issue was pure genius and well fab'd! 8-)

How could the pilot concentrate on driving that thing with that art work on the hood? :lol:

PF
lol.... when it is driven, it doesn't go slow enough for you to see it.
the washer thing came from a seeing a tip on a website a long time ago. So, I can't take credit for it.
sidewinder wrote:Worse yet, I think IBJ is married...so how do you hide the body from the wife when you're not running it? :lol: Maybe she's more understanding than my ex...she'd almost have to be.
Ummm.... no wife here. Hasn't been for 7 years. :razz:

Whoever can name that chick on the hood ......... gets a cookie :P

I think that the H2SUT will be staying on it... After I fab up some more luggage rack bars (a.k.a. top mounted skid plates) They took a beating and look real crappy. Besides, I still have the lights on it too.
That Touareg body that crazydave painted for me was going to be the next victim to top off the basher.... but it's just too pretty to thrash :oops:

I also considered using the ParsecRacing VW Baja body that I have. But, it is pretty rare from what I can tell... and besides that, I have to strip the botched paint job off of it. It was new in the package when I got it, but I took bad advise from someone and screwed up the paintjob.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

That Touareg body that crazydave painted for me was going to be the next victim to top off the basher.... but it's just too pretty to thrash
Couldn't agree with you more on this...it's an AMAZING paint job! :cool:

PF
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

ibjamn wrote:Whoever can name that chick on the hood ......... gets a cookie :P
Uh... :???: Mindy Cohn? :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Oh just thrash the body already, I'll paint more! :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

As soon as I get it back together, I'll see what to do for mounting it. But then I'll have to change my driving style...... I guess no more full blast on the throttle with my eyes closed..... :roll: