A race I went to

Images of tracks, arenas, and racing surfaces for RCs. Got a track to show off? Do it here.
evil3
bitHood

A race I went to

Post by evil3 »

Just a few pic's from a race that I went to over the weekend (I didn't take any of the pic's). We didn't get done racing until after midnight (we race under the lights).

(my truck is #4, and I painted it. The other one was painted by another painter and was also the one driving the car (Darkside Designs)

This is getting ready to start the heat for 4wd mod (my car is #3)

And here is the track (from on the drivers stand)
This is from the other side of the track
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: A race I went to

Post by payaso »

Awesome

awesome

and more awesome.

Track looks great. I wish we had some loamy tracks here, but it's only blue groove clay tracks. Still fun, but I'd like to have an option.

Props for runnin the 2wd truck. I fuckin hate waitin for those guys to finish up, so we can start nitro mains. The 4wd mod class is super fast on blue groove. They turn em as fast as the 1/8 buggies, or faster. Man are they ever fuckin fragile, though.

That would be awesome if we could get some larger scale peeps in here. I still do micros and minis, but I also like the big ones.Crazy Dave is doing bigger ones, too, as are a few others, so it's getting there, but more support in the 1/10 sections would be great.

Keep up the good work and racing under the lights is Awesome.

Yep, this thread is full of awesome.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Thanks for posting the pics Evil! Looks like alot of fun!

I'm still new to all this so I have to ask silly questions but who makes your 2WD truck???

Great paint as always too :-o

PF
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That is a nice looking track. I like the surrounding area. Track around here are in the middle of the desert.

I like the paint on #4, stands out compared to the other. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

payaso, I would love to race on blue groove tracks durring the summer as most (just about all of them) of the outdoor tracks by me have some type of soft dirt (what this race track was, as we used step-pins), loom, or a hard packed track that stays dusty (doesn't take on rubber very good) to run on. However some of the indoor off-road tracks that are open in the winter have insane grip where we use slicks to find traction.

It was a lot of fun, and both of my cars were dialed in. In the 4wd mod class I had some bad luck, but I could have made the A-main although it wouldn't have mannered as the ESC went out :cry: With the truck I didn't run any pratice laps on friday or the day of the event due to rain so my pratice for the day with the truck was in the first round of heats. I think if I had more track time I could have made the A-main (the guy that got TQ was only about .4sec or 4 tenths faster based on our fastest laps). The racing was really close, and I still had a blast out there and with 200+ entries it made for a long day. Also that series is an electric only series.
PimpFloyd wrote:I'm still new to all this so I have to ask silly questions but who makes your 2WD truck???
That is the Team Associated T4, and my 4wd buggy is a JConcepts BJ4 worlds (the car the AE B44 is based off of).

Thaks guy's, also the paint also looked really good under the lights.
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I just wish we had a track in North Central Ohio, all I can find is two dirt ovals (one only runs every now and then), one 1/4 scale paved oval and one hobby shop that runs in the parking lot two or three times a summer. :-( Looks like fun Evil, where is the track?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

payaso wrote:That would be awesome if we could get some larger scale peeps in here. I still do micros and minis, but I also like the big ones.Crazy Dave is doing bigger ones, too, as are a few others, so it's getting there, but more support in the 1/10 sections would be great.
I will hop on that wagon ...... Can you send me one :sad:

we have almost no tracks in my area other then some indoor getto carpet tracks (set up 5 mins before you pay and race) and one outdoor track that is OK but its only OK cause thats all we have.

For tracks here we have to find a place and make them and hope that the hours spent doing so isn't killed by the dirtbikers and shit.

Thats the reason I have nothing bigger then 1/18th scale atleast now I can tell the wife "I lent the lawnmower out and when it came back they must have lowered the wheels...Thats why the grass was to short and the sun killed it all. Sorry honey we will fix it somehow :eek: "
crazydave wrote:Track around here are in the middle of the desert.
Trade you :)
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

VooDooMafia wrote:
crazydave wrote:Track around here are in the middle of the desert.
Trade you :)
No way, your place is frozen. :lol:

When I raced at Scottsdale RC Speedway, it never blue grooved on regular race nights, because there wasn't enough traffic, so I couldn't use the popular tires I read about. I had to use some Losi tires with tall, widely spaced pins, and a round carcass. Had a set of Fuzzie Ts that went to waste, but the track did blue groove during the Cactus Classic. Our soil is sand and clay, it packs down, but falls apart before it blue grooves really good.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

The way they prep the track will change the way it takes on rubber as well.

Also I might go to Scottsdale for the state champs, but that will depend on what all goes down before then. So right now I would say it is just an idea that won't go anywhere. (but I do know it would be fun to race on a blue groove track).

VooDoo, that is too bad that that place up north of me doesn't have very many tracks. Although I do know there are a few dirt tracks around up there, and one indoor carpet on/off-road place.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

evil3 wrote:VooDoo, that is too bad that that place up north of me doesn't have very many tracks. Although I do know there are a few dirt tracks around up there, and one indoor carpet on/off-road place.
There are lots of dirt tracks In my area9 near the falls, but they are all made by us and killed soon after (dirt bikes/BMX/truck guys) we make them.

Unless I want to drive 3 hours it sucks, I am not even into the big stuff but would be if I could have fun with more then 3 ppl :(
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

evil3 wrote:The way they prep the track will change the way it takes on rubber as well.

Exactly...

For the track to really get a "blue groove" going, we have to lay down some calcium chloride and water it in the night before a state race or something.

And you still have to blow it off every other heat.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

What is "Blue Groove" - besides a really cool name for a band :-D
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

Blue groove is when the track takes on rubber, and it forms a blue racing line (for some reason the track turns blue first). The track will have to be hard packed, and not break apart easy. The track will be on the higher grip side of off-road racing on and slightly off of the racing line, although if you are out of the racing line then the track will be very slick. There might be a slight layer of dust as well.

Then in some cases if the track takes on more rubber it can become a black groove track, although most of the time the track doesn't get past a blue groove.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

payaso wrote:
evil3 wrote:The way they prep the track will change the way it takes on rubber as well.

Exactly...

For the track to really get a "blue groove" going, we have to lay down some calcium chloride and water it in the night before a state race or something.

And you still have to blow it off every other heat.

Man, don't let the EPA bastards catch you putting calcium down, they throw a fit over that sort of thing, they have fined dirt tracks around here 10K or more when they caught them. It's stupid really, when it's in the ground it's "natural" but if you take it out of the ground and then put it back unto the ground it's a "pollutant." It might seep into the ground water...I wonder if they know Ohio is a drained swamp that has limestone almost everywhere you dig. Last time I checked limestone was made of calcium and it's soluble which is why we have so many caves and "hard" water. Morons.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

The EPA doesn't know what they are doing most of the time, but then again that is the way the gov. is as well. lol

Anyways here are a few vids from that weekend (I record the vids). I wasn't in any of them (Although I am standing by the fence in the Short Course vid)

-Novice A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHgZtMZi24

-Slash Spec A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTsBG0FkIY

-Masters (i.e. 40+ years of age)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv0tThPtNLQ

-Stock Truck A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF8NLOYJB50

-Short Course Truck A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX76446nJD8