Fresh paint

Use this gallery to show off your own rides - 1:28 scale and above - video's and images no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
evil3
bitHood

Fresh paint

Post by evil3 »

The most recent body for a local racer, and the scheme has been updated as well.

(RC8-E shell)
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Re: Fresh paint

Post by PimpFloyd »

WOW! Really nice E3! I really like the base color and the white window frames - nice contrast :-o

PF
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

Insane :eek:
now all the guy needs is a car to support it :lol:
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by sidewinder »

Looks great, did you use precut mask or is that all hand laid out? Either way it's really cool. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Nice! I really like how you layered those graphics, and I agree the colors contrast nicely. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

Thanks guy's

He should have it on his car this sat.

Everything is all had cut even the windows (I don't use the window masks), and the window trim isn't white as it is chrome (the cloud cover is reflecting off of it, and that is why it appears white).

This pic that I took after I was done should help to show the chrome window trim, and you can also see the CF bit in the red.
Crop circles are Chuck Norris' way of telling the world that sometimes corn needs to lie down.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

That is one nice shell! So what do you use to cut your masking? xacto?
[]D [] []V[] []D
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

Thanks

Yes I use an xacto knife with a #11 blade. I normaly will used a normal sized kife handle but if the body has limited space I will use a shorter one.

This pic shows the sized differnce. (the blue-greenish colored bit is just some liquid masking that I put there for some extra grip being that the handle is so much smaller).
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks for the tip with the shorter handle. I have an Exacto with a plastic handle, so that will be easy to modify.
crazydave's Gallery
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's some really professional work you got goin' on there!

i like the shapes you created, a real break from tradition in my opinion :-o
i used to be cool
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

evil3 wrote:Thanks

Yes I use an xacto knife with a #11 blade. I normaly will used a normal sized kife handle but if the body has limited space I will use a shorter one.

This pic shows the sized differnce. (the blue-greenish colored bit is just some liquid masking that I put there for some extra grip being that the handle is so much smaller).
Nice tip! I have a few handles laying around, maybe I'l cut one down too.

As for you masking what is it that you use? You said that green shit on the handle is your mask?
[]D [] []V[] []D
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

Thanks bk

I auctally bought my mini knife, but cutting down one would do the same thing.

As for the masking that I use, I use Bob Dively's liquid masking film. It is a liquid (very thick) that you spread onto the body, and once dry gives you a nice mask that you cut out by hand. The main reason I use it as it is easier to use over masking tape, as the LM gets into the body lines better and normaly there won't be any bleeds or if there are then they won't be big (when you pull the masking up some times other parts of the masking gets lifted up slightly allowing paint to go under it if not caught right away). It drys in a clear blue, but being that I was moving it around and I think there was a little bit of paint overspray on it it made it turn more of a green color.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

evil3 wrote:Thanks bk

I auctally bought my mini knife, but cutting down one would do the same thing.

As for the masking that I use, I use Bob Dively's liquid masking film. It is a liquid (very thick) that you spread onto the body, and once dry gives you a nice mask that you cut out by hand. The main reason I use it as it is easier to use over masking tape, as the LM gets into the body lines better and normaly there won't be any bleeds or if there are then they won't be big (when you pull the masking up some times other parts of the masking gets lifted up slightly allowing paint to go under it if not caught right away). It drys in a clear blue, but being that I was moving it around and I think there was a little bit of paint overspray on it it made it turn more of a green color.
I use that stuff. You can thin it with water and then spray several coats through the airbrush. That's the way I prefer, because it lays more consistantly.
crazydave's Gallery
evil3
bitHood

Post by evil3 »

I don't like to thin it down as then it take more coats then needed. I like to use a foam brush and the way I use it makes a very even coverage area as long as I don't pour out too much. lol Also if I am in a hurry, then I just hook up one of my cheep harbor feright spray guns so I don't have to thin it down.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

like thy said^^^ perrrty :grin:
for the grip on the xacto, I use a rubber pen grip.
pens are usually of the same diameter so fit is good.