RIP Posts Here

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: RIP Posts Here

Post by betty.k »

orange whip?
orange whip?

3 orange whips. classic.
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

R.I.P. June Cleaver

Post by DarkTari »

Most of you know the Imfamous Beaver Cleaver (Leave It To Beaver), well the mom June Cleaver
(Barbara Billingsley) passed on 10/16/10...... :sad:
Image Image

Clockwise: Wally, Ward, and The Beaver......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od4DPR3lySE[/youtube]
betty.k
bitPimp

Re: R.I.P. June Cleaver

Post by betty.k »

ok, shoot me down if you wanna. but i find it hysterical that our blackest of members mourns the loss of the whitest of crackers! :eek:

and yes, i woulda hit it, she was repressed sex personified!!!! :screwed:
i used to be cool
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Damn Betty! you make me out to be a Black Panther..... :???:
Hey, when I was young, I looked at what was available to watch on TV. Back then there were no "Black" sitcoms so........
And personally I'm not a prejudice fella, I like what I like :razz:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

DarkTari wrote:Damn Betty! you make me out to be a Black Panther..... :???:
:lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

DarkTari wrote:Damn Betty! you make me out to be a Black Panther..... :???:
Hey, when I was young, I looked at what was available to watch on TV. Back then there were no "Black" sitcoms so........
And personally I'm not a prejudice fella, I like what I like :razz:
What about Good Times and Gimme a Break?

BTW, Tom Bosley just died today too: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 06752.html I guess this is another one of those unHappy Days.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Good Times ??? 1970's Leave it to Beaver 1960's.....
Believe me, when Black Sitcoms were "allowed", I watched them all.....and there were a lot in the 70's
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh, you must be older than I thought, I was born in 1965 so by the time I remember tv it was the 70's, I was guessing we were about the same age. I liked The Jeffersons, LOVED What's Happening, LOVED Good Times but never really liked Sanford & Son (except for Grady).
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

sidewinder wrote:Oh, you must be older than I thought, I was born in 1965 so by the time I remember tv it was the 70's, I was guessing we were about the same age. I liked The Jeffersons, LOVED What's Happening, LOVED Good Times but never really liked Sanford & Son (except for Grady).
WHAT !!!!! Sandford & Son was my favorite !!!! Some of my favorite times with my Dad was spent crackin up lookin at Sandford & Son !!! I still look at it when I can catch it......
DarkTari
bitPimp

RIP Tom Bosley.....

Post by DarkTari »

R I P Tom Bosley....
ImageImage

One of the most comfortingly warm presences in American Television history will no longer come to entertain the audiences. Sadly, Tom Bosley has passed away. He was suffering from lung cancer for quite some time and he breathed last at a hospital in Palm Springs at an age of 83. He suffered a heart failure, as said by his agent Sheryl Abrams while announcing this sad news.

Bosley played several characters throughout his life like that of a murder solving priest or small town sheriff, but till date, his most memorable performance is probably of the hardware store owner, the fatherly figure from one of the longest running sitcom in US television history, “Happy Days.”

TV Guide published a ranking in 2004 titled as “50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time” and Bosley earned the 9th position there. Bosley married Patricia Carr after death of his first wife Jean Eliot and is survived with a child from the first marriage.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Sanford and Son was awesome, who didn't like Redd Foxx?
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Re: RIP Posts Here

Post by DarkTari »

R.I.P. Bob Guccione

Penthouse founder Bob Guccione dies aged 79 after long battle with lung cancer

The founder of Penthouse magazine Bob Guccione has died at the age of 79.
The multi-millionaire publisher had suffered from lung cancer for a number of years.
He passed away in a Texas hospital with his wife, April, and two of his children at his bedside.
Guccione founded Penthouse in Britain in 1965 as a raunchier alternative to Hugh Hefner's Playboy.
The magazine went on sale in the US four years later and was an instant success.

The publisher first tried the seminary and spent years trying to make it as an artist
before he found the niche that Hefner left for him in the late 1960s.

ImageImage
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

+10 to Sanford and Son! Redd Fox was a comic genious...

I had a "Dyn-o-mite!" T-Shirt back when I was a kid in the 70's LOL! I thought Jimmy Walker was hilarious...

Rest in peace Mrs. Clever...
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

aaaaaaaahhhhhahahah, you guys are so like, old and what not... :mrgreen:
my dad loved watching all these shows, he talks about them sometimes so thats where i know the names.
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by sidewinder »

I loved Redd Fox but couldn't stand Aunt Ester, wasn't a fan of Lamont but what really ruined the show for me was when Julio would show up...I just never could take Gregory Sierra in anything. I don't what is was about him but he always annoyed me. I did love Rollo though.

Now if wanted a good sitcom with a predominately black cast Frank's Place kicked ass! It starred Tim "Venus Flytrap" Reid and the woman who became his real life wife Daphne Maxwel who was smoking hot in her day.