Clone bits at Menards...

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Clone bits at Menards...

Post by PimpFloyd »

Menards is a home improvement store located mostly in the Midwest...

Just like last year at Christmas, they are selling clone bits (cars and a funky-ass truck) for 3.95 or thereabouts. They usually have these up to and a little past Christmas. Not a high quality bit but good for pimpin and parts.

As always - your mileage may vary. BTW...up here, it's pronounced "my nards".

As you were... :-)
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Clone bits at Menards...

Post by sidewinder »

Our Menards sucks...they never get the trucks. Lots and lots of the cars, no trucks. :(
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Good find, nice to know they're doing it again.

Around here we just call it 'Nards.

If they have clones, wonder if that means Walgreens has them again?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Our Menards sucks...they never get the trucks. Lots and lots of the cars, no trucks.
Our My Nards only has one type of truck this year - not the cool little monster truck but some funky ass orange good humor ice cream truck looking thing. It's sort of butt-ugly IMO so, no loss.

They also had a little IR controlled indoor plane with bang-bang coil type rudder control and throttle on sale for ten bucks so I scarfed it. Initial flights in the garage seem to indicate it's to heavy for more than a few passes but with some mods, might be a decent flyer.

Finally, every year they at least one 5th scale looking My Nards stock car...I'm always tempted to scarf one of those too - it's huge and looks fun but at 110 bucks and no parts support, I'm able to walk away and save my dough for something else...like a 10 dollar plane that belongs on the island of misfit chinese toys. :-)