Review: LXX Super Perfection

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
ph2t
bitPimp

Review: LXX Super Perfection

Post by ph2t »

Here's a review I've done on the new "Classic Series" of Super Perfection cars. Sorry too lazy to even copy and paste it here:

http://www.ausmicro.com/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=1605

ph2t.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool nice review.

Well I'm sold, looks like I'm gonna have to pick up a few of those.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Yeah I'm happy with them. Ideally I would like all six frequencies and finally get that race track happening. Especially with 6 boosters.....

ph2t.
Swavey
bitThug

Post by Swavey »

Ph2t: How long are the iwres inside in comparison to bits?? In my Shen's they have really long wires so my extednded chassis mods go down easy, but I was wonderin if I gotta resolder everything in this one, or are they long enough you think?

just curious :p
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Swavey, all the wires except the steering wires are OK. You would need to unwind the steering coils one or two looms to get the length you want.

Cheers,

ph2t.
Matic
bitHood

Post by Matic »

Hey ph2t, is chassis big enough for internal dual-cell ? By big enough I mean at least big as normal BCG
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

nah man, the edges are bevelled so you would probably need to cut those bevelled edges out. this is just my frist observation, maybee it could be done..

ph2t.
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Great reveiw. I was interested in getting one, but was waiting to see what other pimps thought of it. Now I know and will be buying one soon.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Didn't read the review yet but I wasn't that impressed with 'em.

It's loud, speed is okay in boosted mode with the 3.5 included motor. Range was just mediocre, this would be a good candidate for a chip (FET).
Steering is good, tracking sucked! Very hard to get it to track straight, I'll try my other one and see if there's a difference. Personally I wouldn't buy another.
Matic
bitHood

Post by Matic »

ph2t wrote:nah man, the edges are bevelled so you would probably need to cut those bevelled edges out. this is just my frist observation, maybee it could be done..

ph2t.

Yust received mine, and I compared chassies with an old LXX and they are IDENTICAL, so edges are bevelled just as they were....