Review: Ferrari Set

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

2 things..

1: That is so nice - i got the lambo-set but i think i'll have to buy the ferrari set too!

2:What is that camera? That issome great pics.. Well.. I gotta get some that camera too.. Ohh damn..

/Evo
Do i need a better signature?
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

TheEvo wrote:2:What is that camera? That issome great pics.. Well.. I gotta get some that camera too..
It's not about the camera as much as it's about the guy behind it. Miva definitely knows how to use a camera. I'm sure he's using a nice camera, but his pics look great because he knows how to set up a shot.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hue35 wrote:
TheEvo wrote:2:What is that camera? That issome great pics.. Well.. I gotta get some that camera too..
It's not about the camera as much as it's about the guy behind it. Miva definitely knows how to use a camera. I'm sure he's using a nice camera, but his pics look great because he knows how to set up a shot.
True dat.

If you ask me, it's all about the lighting. Digital cameras are really sensitive to lighting...and I'm afraid that's why I can't take good pics. :?

You guys mentioned dthe material of the chassis, I notice that too, and wondered if it is a composite. I doubt there's metal in there. Most hobby level RCs use fiberglass or similar fiberous material, to reinforce the plastic. The expensive ones use graphite. Considering the price of a bit, I doubt it's graphite...I'm still wondering if it is even a composite.

Great review BTW, miva.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

hue35 wrote:
I know that light is important, but when i look at the knuckles in miva's pics, i dont think its a camera that everyone has.
/Evo
Do i need a better signature?
Miva
bitThug

Post by Miva »

Hi!

@DarkTari - How could you resist not to open?! :shock:

@Hue35 - I work in Sales and studied Economy and Marketing. I'm just using pictures to make up for black holes in my english :)

@TheEvo - Camera is Olympus 5050Z

Taking good pictures is difficult in our mini hobby. Closeups, difficult light conditions makes cars on photos worse than in reality.

As crazydave said: "it's all about the lighting", so first advice; use one type of light (same or close temperature). I took Ferrari pictures wit 3 types of lihgt and couldn't set white balance properly. This picture was taken using Logitech Quick Cam and table lamp - colors are more natural.

After taking a photo you can improve it on the computer. For example clean up the noise :)

As as example i used Hiroto34 image, i hope it wont be angry at me :)

Before

After

For cleaning pictures i use NeatImage, free version which you can download here: http://www.neatimage.com/download.html
Result above isn't perfect because you have to set up software with your camera.

I wish all of us only good pictures :)
Miva
Miva
bitThug

Post by Miva »

Review is done :)

Miva
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

damn Miva - I just can't say enough of how impressed I am over your review.
very detailed, great information, even better pics.

thanks heaps pimp!
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

OK ummmmm WOW! That is one impressive review, start to finish. I doubt you would find a more comlete review on that set from a marketing meeting. :bowdown:

Now the only problem is you have set the bar very very high. First w/ your bad ass mod and now this review. If I could be so bold to ask, would it be possible for you to make a guide to the process of one of your next mods? Cabo, you gotta get this boy Hustlin' for the Pimps how to page mang.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Finks wrote:Cabo, you gotta get this boy Hustlin' for the Pimps how to page mang.
you ain't kiddin brotha...
we'll wait and see what other killer material Miva produces - I'm sure it'll find it's way to a top seat
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Miva
bitThug

Post by Miva »

Finks wrote:If I could be so bold to ask, would it be possible for you to make a guide to the process of one of your next mods?
I will start modyfying Testarossa soon. I can share my work with You,
but I don't know is there more people interested in.

Cheers
Miva
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

I will start modyfying Testarossa soon. I can share my work with You,
but I don't know is there more people interested in.

I can't be the only one that would love to see his convergance in detail. :eek:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

of course not - all us pimps would like to see it - just like all the others...
snap some of them pretty pics!