Review: Epoch indoor racer

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
sessiz
bitPimp

Review: Epoch indoor racer

Post by sessiz »

Wow, just freakin wow. I just got my car today and all I can say is, Wow. Maybe I'll say a bit more. :???:
The car, for those that don't know, is 1/43rd scale and full propo.(put 2 bits head to tail and you got the size of the car) You got spring suspension upfront and a tbar suspension in the back. The motors are hardwired, no poping in motors like bits/zips. I'm also not finding to many hopups, but so far I don't see a need for them. I'm thoroughly impressed with this car and if it weren't for the price I'ld have many. :-) :lol:

Pretty concise review by namuna over at tinyrc....
http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread ... readid=643
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I just scanned the post at TinyRC... I didn't see a price (yea I know I could fint out, but you're here and I'm lazy right now)

what's the average price? and price and how often for parts and upgrades?
comparable to xmod? (in prices and/or performace)
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Price on tiny is around $90
On the net at the cheapest I've seen, around $60

I got a hook up through apex (they had a christmas special) I got one rtr set and a chassis/body set (basically the car without the charger and tx) and a hard carrying case with some real nice foam insides for $87 shipped. They also threw in an ac adaptor for the charging station, 2 sets of tires a extra battery pack for the insides an extra body....aw hell I'll take pics and post em in a few minutes.
Upgrades are pretty slim. Here's the site where I got em from..
http://www.apexrc-racing.com/
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Here's what I got...

I forgot to take a pic of the extra body they threw in, it's a white legacy body, like the blue one in the pic only white. :lol:
The reason for all the freebies was, ready for this, they didn't have the car I wanted. I wanted a white levin and they only had silver. SO they add all this shit to "make it up" to me. LOL
The performance of these cars is amazing. It handles super smooth and the speed is fast. The thing thats got me hooked on this car though is the size. It's perfect. I really can't play with my xmods as much as I want at home but with this I can. I'ld recomend you spend your money on one of these instead of an xmod or mini z. If you want to go hit the tennis courts then fine get an xmods or mini z. :-)
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

smoove pimp, thanks for the heads up - I had/have none of the "ins and outs" of em
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Cheesehead
bitPlaya'

Post by Cheesehead »

Do they have a diff? What are the batteries? Do you think they would take a B/L mod?
Lithiums are great!
Triple the speed...
four times the duration....
And they explode if you crash them too hard!
GWS 4 EVR
-my future car's bumper vanity plate
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Cheesehead wrote:Do they have a diff? What are the batteries? Do you think they would take a B/L mod?
Yes (don't know what the ratio is). Tri 120mah internal cell pack. What the hell is a B/L mod? :???: