Review: iWaver mini-z

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

They were sold out. They must have just put them back up today, because they are there now...

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/prodlist.asp?catid=1193

And, in case anyone missed it a few posts back... The iWaver website is finally up, too

http://www.iwaver.com/

Damn, iWaver needs to be puttin' me on their payroll lol...
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i need to be ordering one o those. groupbuy???
KuZGuN
bitThug

Post by KuZGuN »

Hey hog i need the order one of them but i'm in Turkey lol:
Bendensin ...
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

KuZGuN wrote:Hey hog i need the order one of them but i'm in a Turkey lol:
I'm glad your not in a Hog!!!
But being in a turkey must be.....blah, blah... :)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:They were sold out. They must have just put them back up today, because they are there now...

http://www.toyeast.com/v2/prodlist.asp?catid=1193
Damn, and I just gave in and placed an order at Toyeast last week, I was gonna get one if they were in stock.

That's ok though, it would just be something else I'd have to put money into. I still need to get bearings for my Xmod, that I just played with for the first time in almost 3 months.

I'm figuring with a FET upgrade, and a decent motor the Xmod will be more than fun enough on it's own. The question is, will the car hold together.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i think the xmod's complexity is it's downfall. i know they are capable of a hell of a lot of power. but i keep breaking dumb parts like knuckles and what not. the iwavers have a much simpler design and less things to break.

and if i havnt mentioned before. iwavers without bearings coast way way better than xmods with bearings.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I have to agree with you there Hog.

Dammit, I don't want to place another order before my last one even gets here, but 20 bucks for xmod bearings, 25 for the iwaver, seems like a no brainer. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i wont be able to order an iwaver for at least a week. :-(
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Grr you bitches got me to check out the i-waver finally... What a cool car for the bucks, and hell I get my x-mods for almost free. This is now on my shopping list along with some bodies. It's safe to assume that with the "Velcor mod" these bodies will also fit on a X-mod? Don't answer that, I know the answer.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
KuZGuN
bitThug

Post by KuZGuN »

sg219 wrote:
KuZGuN wrote:Hey hog i need the order one of them but i'm in a Turkey lol:
I'm glad your not in a Hog!!!
But being in a turkey must be.....blah, blah... :)
Ok first sentence is a good joke. But the second one i don't like it, i say after Türkiye.

And the object; i am ordered mini zet mitsubishi evo and subaru impreza body, 2 escalation motor and 2 tire set.
Bendensin ...
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Hi Bird,

I'm glad to see open and friendly discussion on the Iwaver over here. I'm new in th'hood well actually I've been lurking about in the shadows and finally got around to registering.

I know this thread is about the Iwaver and I just got one, just haven't peeled any rubber or paint off it yet :grin:

I want an Epoch too but in Canada the RS corvette ready set is a bit less expensive then an epoch chassis set. I have a Super Brain 969 and 3 AM controllers so I don't need any more.

I'm more interested in the epoch for a project than driving, speed isn't a concern to me propo control and tight steering are. Is the Vette basicly a spec 1 epoch?

Is there any indication where it was made on it other than Tandy or RS? Ie china, HK or Taiwan?
They have a name for people with absolutely no worries... dead.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

The Shaq 'Vette has the typical RS "custom manufactured in china for radio shack" on the box, and the only marking on the bottom of the chassis is "china". I really don't think it is anyhing near an Epoch, quality-wise. Don't get me wrong, It's not a terrible car, but it is definately no Epoch.

I bought mine as a way to hopefully put off wanting an Epoch a little longer, and it's shortcomings have made me regret that choice. If I had it to do over again, I'd pass on it and wait until I had enough for the Epoch.

Like I said, it's not totally bad, but the steering likes to wait a second to do what you tell it to do, and that is hard for me to adapt to. It is hella quick, though.

The best Epoch deal I know of is this guy...

http://www.ripper7racing.com/epochimages.htm

When I'm ready to get my Epoch, Ripper is the guy who will be getting my business.

Spooky, I truly hope you enjoy your iWaver as much as I have been enjoying mine, and that my somewhat limited knowledge and info on the Shaq 'Vette/Epoch question is helpful.... and, oh yeah.... Welcome to da Hood! :-)
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well looks like all these glowing reports on the i :-) got to me! i ordered one the other night, a lancer evo. i also ordered the esc motor and a spare shell (porche), rear shock and the logic lightset. i plan on getting some decent shocks all round and if overland wheels fit i'll be putting some on. :eek:
i used to be cool
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Hey Bird and sg219,

I just came from mzr and that asshole Draconious applied to your posts and easy's.

I know you were thinking of putting this behind you but you have to admitt rattling the dick's chain is pretty entertaining compared with what's on TV these days. I mean you have to do something while you wait for the batteries to recharge right?

Any how his lame ass excuse for not admitting he sarted the whole mess in post 31 is... wait for this... because the subject of illegal and illegitimate clones was raised in other threads years before:???:

So easy was like basicly, well ok asshole what's that got to do with this thread though? Of course his puppets are sticking up for him while he licks his wounds so you might have some fun if with them if you go over and rub some salt in his wounds just for laughs.

Ok, maybe I'm a cruel bastard but the pricks deserve it don't you think?
They have a name for people with absolutely no worries... dead.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

spooky wrote:
Ok, maybe I'm a cruel bastard but the pricks deserve it don't you think?
Oh I do think I like this fellow. Welcome to bitpimps spooky. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!