Review: i wavered for a while but in the end....

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yo chuck, there are 2 words i don't wanna see together again. full propo. i'm getting sick of repeating myself but IT'S PLENTY PROPO ENOUGH FOR ME!!!!!

so anyways, there's now so little stock parts on it now that i've decided to call it a wanna z! seriously, here's a list of the stock parts remaining:

wheels/tyres
motor pod
servo/rx
aerial
body
umm, body mount

and that's it! the rest is kyosho and other aftermarket crap. some peeps will think i'm an idiot for going the long way around to getting a z but i see it as a $25 foot in the door and a free education! full propo can suck me off! :cool:
i used to be cool
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

finally got some pics. tha lancer body is gonna be the crash em bash em / camera body and i'm in the process of painting the porche. i filled in all the panel lines and tail lights as i just wanted the shape of the porche. it's gonna get the crap scratched out of anyway so i decided to go without the mirrors and spoiler. (actually installing an x speed sorta made the decicion for me!) i'm really happy with the current setup, all i want to add is alloy wheels and some roll shocks. eventually i'll probably get a turbo happening and a nice hot motor. but until i learn to drive it better i should really keep it as is. no point having a real fast car that's smashed to bits!

Last edited by betty.k on Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i used to be cool
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

man betty i gotta get me an i waver and hop it up
i want a mini z but ive heard good things about the i waver and i hear the quality isnt that bad.....
im gonna get me one o those :grin:
ImageImageImage
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Sheeat Betty, you broke the knuckles out of your Iwaver? I've been beating the crap out of mine and haven't done that yet how'd you do it?

My friend was racing his Iwaver on an RCP track last week against the store owner who had an MR-02 and was beating him. It was the driver not the car that made the difference.

I like how beat up the Lancer looks, looks like my Porsche that is mirror less. I put the wing back on though. My Rally body mounts and front suspension are done. I'm still working on the rear rally suspension.

The audi TT is sweet and all mods so far are working very well.
They have a name for people with absolutely no worries... dead.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the knuckle was the first thing to go, it seems that the steering is the part that dies first. i had ordered cambered knuckles before i got the iw anyway, i just needed them sooner than i thought.
i used to be cool
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Ok Bettyk but how have you been driving it and what did you hit or do that caused it to break? I'm just curious as I've been jumping curbs and expansion joints as well as crashing into walls and concrete pillars.

I just want to try and avoid what caused the failure... well sort of any way. Your Evo body looks pretty battle worn like my Porsche. My Porsche is black though so so some it doesn't show the dark scuffs like your Evo.

It looks like our useage might be fairly similar and I figure I've been lucky not to break something so far. If I keep pushing it though I'm sure my luck will run out and something will break.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

bruce and his stikfa stickers. :lol:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the chassis is ready to race!

and the body is ready to replace!!

and the only way to avoid breaking parts sppokster is to leave it on a shelf. even then it might fall off :-)
i used to be cool
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Oh, I'm not worried about breaking parts :lol: I just wondered what you did since I've been curb jumping and running into concrete pillars without breking anything yet. I see from the yellow Porsche you might be spending more time on the roof than even I do!

How about describing your typical driving session? Maybe drop by the Rompher Room and see what the pimps and hoes have to say about your typical driving session :lol: .
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

betty.k wrote:yeah yeah, i'm double posting, but it's worth it. my butt buddy br2ce just dropped over some spare z stuff for me to try out. so i put the 9t pinion from his mad force on an x speed motor and slipped that baby in there.

:screwed:

this bitch fucken flies now, supposedly faster than a z with the same setup. but that shit don't matter to me so much, what does is the fact that this baby is now easily more than twice as fast and torquey as it was when i pulled it outta the box!! so anyone having trouble with cocksuckers that say i wavers are shit and should be stomped on, send em my way. i'll shove their head so far up their fucken arse they'll look like a snail with limbs :cool:

oh and i've decided to go without mirrors and spoiler on the porsche body....... they rub on the concrete too much!

Lol, I've heard that a Micro RS4 12T pinion is also good for more speed.
As for the Porsche's paint coming off a little, try putting more gloss/clear coat on the paint, that should act as a protective seal between the paint and the ground :-)
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Son_Gokou wrote:As for the Porsche's paint coming off a little, try putting more gloss/clear coat on the paint, that should act as a protective seal between the paint and the ground :-)
i'd have to put a inch thick layer on to save the paint on my bodies. when i do a body, i just want it to look pristine once, get pics, then it's ass belongs to mother earth! :cool:
i used to be cool
Son_Gokou
bitNinja

Post by Son_Gokou »

betty.k wrote:
Son_Gokou wrote:As for the Porsche's paint coming off a little, try putting more gloss/clear coat on the paint, that should act as a protective seal between the paint and the ground :-)
i'd have to put a inch thick layer on to save the paint on my bodies. when i do a body, i just want it to look pristine once, get pics, then it's ass belongs to mother earth! :cool:
LOL :lol:

BTW, also noticed you painted over the rear lights....
arch2b
bitThug

Post by arch2b »

i love the smoothed out porsche! scars mean it's used well 8) if your worried about scratches, keep it on a shelf (my opinion).

it's nice to see that for the smae price or cheaper, you can get a rc that easily out perfoms an xmod and already has huge aftermarket support. i gave my xmod the benifit of the doubt but it was ultimately worthless. i wish i had dumped all that money into an iwaver.

i know i've read somewhere that people have tried the iwaver tx with mini's but i don't recall the outcome. i for one like the iwaver tx. somethign about clear rc components just looks cool.

you've got a very nice setup there 8-)
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Man, with all this i-waver/mini-z talk we should get a mini-z/i-waver forum!
Do i need a better signature?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

they aren't quite as good as kyosho but certainly good enough for enthusiasts like me. i enjoy tinkering with these things as much as driving them so problems are welcome really! but as i've said, you want quality from day 1 then buy a kyosho. you have all been warned enough now.

thanks arch, coming from you i'm impressed! :-) the tx don't have the wonderful range of a z's, but i'm sure the kyosho pcb's will transplant into an i waver clear tx case no sweat.
i used to be cool