Review: iWaver mini-z

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

no baggie... mine's a hooptie outta the box. It's cool.. will I need those spacers to run the Escalation motor?
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Nah... The stock spacer is for the stock pinion. The extra spacers are for the other size pinions that it's supposed to have, but doesn't. You'll be able to put in the escalation no prob.

I'm pretty sure that you can use the x-mod battery clips for the time being.
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

That might have been my post over at MRCC as davemud.

We had some detached body mounts and mixed xtals so they sent a body some xtals and some light sets as compensation.

I went through the wholesale email address on the .net website. The process are a bit lower but the minimum order is 300.00 US.

I've heard about issues with the Porsche mirrors. We got 2 Porsche bodies that were fine.

My porsche is battle scarred but it is looking sweet with my Rally lift kit installed, its 10 mm or 3/8 inches higher so I can put some OL wheels and tires on it.

I'll have some pics soon and start a new thread when I can put them up.
They have a name for people with absolutely no worries... dead.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

my porche body came in good order, but the concrete out bach took care of that! i contacted toyeast regarding the missing pinions and rear facing motor mount from my set and they got back to me in 3 days stating that they have sent me the replacements and they are very sorry. i'm pretty happy with that and i'm confident that the replacements will be correct.
regarding spacers, i'm told that using paper shims to fine tune the gear mesh is common, and i tried it and it's a goer!

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR LOGIC LIGHTSET USERS:

i got one of these and tested it out by touching the terminals to confirm it worked. no probs there so i installed it, switched it on and the lights and the motor were dead. i discovered that the screw lugs for the lightset were touching a couple of neighbouring compenents on the pcb, causing a short of some description. easily fixed by trimming down the little lugs so they resemble the size and shape of the motor lugs. once installed i gotta say the headlights are really bright! cons are that they only come on when using the throttle and they dip when a lotta current is drawn by the motor or when the batteries die.

and is it just me or are those h plates really flimsy when slamming headfirst into walls? :-(
i used to be cool
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

betty k just the guy I;ve been wanting to talk to!

I slammed my Porsche into pillars too many time but didn't have any problems with the H plate. My friend's on his Subaru is really flexy now but he' getting a carbon fiber one tomorrow any way.

It's off topic for this thread but do you do any steering mods to increase strength and or reduce bump steer on your awesome off road Bits?

I just made a 10 mm body lift for my Iwaver Porsche to make it a rally car, well it's more like a 4x4 but it still looks cool. Right no it has chrome OL wheels and OL tires on it.

The Porsche body is getting swaped out for a black Audi TT body. It already had to have the front wheel wells enlarged just to work properly stock. I need to open them a bit more and the TT uses the shortest wheelbase setting.

I have a couple of pics of the lifted Porsche with my friends' stock subaru. I'll post them in a new thread tomorrow. We were at a new shop tonight with a new RCP track. They are excellent tracks.

The LHS owner really liked my lift plates, he wanted to buy some for the shop! Have to think about that one.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

spookster, head to my homepage and go to tutorials> front suspension. whole buncha shit you can do to help offroad bit steering. dual celling and fetting the steering also help alot.
ok, now it's my turn. how well do the ol wheels go on the i waver? fit nice? rub on the chassis? same bearings?
i used to be cool
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Thanks bettyk,

You just put the Iwaver bushings in the OL wheels and its a perfect fit. I don't know about the bearings because I don't have them yet. My friend is getting some today and I'm meeting him at the track for a little show and tell. I'll find out and let you know.

I have some lower res pictures I will post of the Porsche with his Subaru. Even with a 10mm lift you would have to open the bottoms of the wheel wells. We decided not to do that to our Porsche body so I modified out Audi TT's wheel wells this morning. The mod is very subtle on the TT, you will likely just need to round the corners off a bit.

I just phoned him and he's bringing the his camera so we can take some pics of the TT. I'm going to do complete a second mount kit now so I should be able to get pictures of both, probably mount the WRX on one of the chassis too and get a shot of it.

The ride height of these is virtually identical to an OL.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I think Drac finally gave in!! What an a**ho*e!! He is sellin' all his stuff!! Here is the thread....

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthrea ... post128109

I asked if he had and Iwavers for sale.....haha

I was gonna ask if he had anything ..?????.., but I thought that was way too mean. :???:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i like people like drac. he's the kind of person that says shit like "you can't do that so don't bother" just before i do that and well. people like that make losers like me look good without even trying!
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

sg219 wrote:.....I asked if he had and Iwavers for sale.....haha
It got deleted allready! It lasted a couple of minutes, maybe hours? ...
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Well sg219, bird and I just big meanies picking on poor ol' drac like that. I think I'd like to have heard the conversation between drac and the administrator mini z who did actually pop in on some of those threads.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Ya, I bet that there was more to the conversation, than what we were allowed to see or post. :???:
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Man my typing sucks!

Does anyone know if drac is still a moderator over there? I mean if he's selling all his stuff maybe that's part of the reason. It says he's got a ford Lightning truck, Kelly blue book 5k but worth 15k because of low miles and collectability...

Well being a past member of the local Mustang club with over 400 members he's right, a lightning is collectable if its the right year and has all the right stuff. The most important being the factory blower. The earlier models were pretty plain Jane compared to the last few years. Since a lightning is about the same cost as a Mustang Cobra new I'm thinking his must be an older plain Jane version. Interesting maybe but highly unlikely he'll get 3x the blue book unless he snags some one who doesn't know much about them. I wonder how much of his treasure is really worth what he thinks it is.

I can't really imagine what dealing with drac on buying some of his stuff especially the truck would be like. If he figures everything is worth 3x the industry benchmark value well I guess reasonable offers would have to be what he thinks is reasonable. In a way I feel sorry for him reading that... Its like seeing the school yard bully run up against a tougher new kid or in this case kids that smak the bully and put him in the position he put so many others in before the new kid came along.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

aiight fellas... I may give in here.... that CLK looks too tempting.... anyway... how much is shipping to the U.S? Bid and hog and all ya's live in PA, so it should be less for me.... I wonder if I can convince the rents that i deserve it fo my good grades?? and also, how long for delivery? i need to get it in a/b a week.. do you think that'll happen? if not I gotta wait till after vacation... dayum!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Hog, Bird, and me all live in Pittsburgh. Where you at again? Ohio? Anyway.

I put my order in on a friday night, got the "It went out today email" on tuesday morning, and received the package the following wendsday, which was yesterday. It takes just over a week for shipping. As far as S&H prices go, just log into http://www.Toyeast.com and fill your cart and it will give you a S&H total.