My controversial Honda Accord Wagon X

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

as far as your gallery, what finks says - make sure you optimize as much as possible. and delete shots as he said.
I'd also cut down on the amount of shots of the same subject.
for instance in this thread:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 8950#48950
you have 9 shots when you probably could have done the same in 5 shots.
just your one post alone has almost a half of a MB of imagery, not including your signature. (455.970 kilobytes)

I just bumped everyones space limit up a tad, so enjoy - but remember to use wisely.

now for the shots.
I find it hard to focus on both the car and background myself. so I just resort to focusing on the car. the background is still legible, just not crisp and clear - but the main subject (the car) hopefully is.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

midget_man1387 wrote:good points, finks. as far as keeping old pics is concerned... I like to keep the old ones so you can see the differences... I think I'll keep goin till i reach my limit, then I'll delete.. anyway... I think i' finally got it!
*sigh* No Midge, you didn't get it... No offence, but this will be my last post on this. I'll result to PMS after if you still have problems.

OK 1st problem, like I said before, the pic is too damn dark. Take a very good look at the one I said was perfect. You see the definition and change in color as well as the framing? That's what made it good. Also, use FLAT paper and crop to make sure you only see the white paper as the background. You can use the curved paper effect to make it look seemless. (As in half a sheet of paper under the car and the other half sloping up a wall or somthing, not folded mind you) And again, GOOD lighting and focus on the car, the name is not important compared to the car.

Finally, do you have access to a photo manipulation program? I always resize my pics as stated before w/ photoshop using the "Save for Web" option and choosing 450 pixel width. This seems to work great for all forums and screen sizes. (Hell I use a 15" display at work to surf the Hood)

Any how, take this shit to heart, cuz your tiring me out bro
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Finks, you're making me seem like a dumbass! I'm really not, believe me. I finally got a pic to focus on both, but it doesn't show the color change... I don't really care though, as long as both are focused, the other pics do the justice. I've cleaned house a bit. You guys are right. I just enjoy taking pictures way too much :-? Anyway, thanks for your help, and here's hopefully the last pic of this shit

CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

dude, practice makes perfect.
but just try to remember to erase your mistakes / oldies / etc. when you update with something "newer" or "better" or whatever.
or better yet, don't upload until you're proud and you feel it deserves the limited space you have to play with.
and try to remember your goals when shooting, focus on the subject, try to convey it in as few pictures as possible.
then just optimize before you upload.

you're learning and improving, we can see that. that's what's important. the rest will come with time and experience. you're on your way.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

thanks Cabo. I've taken your advice. I just love photographing this shit cuz even tho the car is the same, every picture is different and more exciting to me, ya kno? but anyway, I'll go edit my contest post, cuz I've deleted almost every one of my original outdoor pictures. Thanks again for the help tho!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I understand, I'm the same way in some senses.
just take the pic anyways, look at it, save it, doesn't mean you gotta upload it, or maybe upload it somewhere else as a "lower priority" item or something.

and no problem. keep going.
I've seen you go from shit to shinola and I love every post of it. I can actually see bitPimps made an impact somewhere, some how...

bitPimps either causes you to increase your knowledge and skills...
or causes your divorce...

when it's good, it's good - when it's bad, it's bad :lol:
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

CaboWabo wrote:I've seen you go from shit to shinola and I love every post of it. I can actually see bitPimps made an impact somewhere, some how...
hahaha yeah....
shit

shinola

anyways tho, I thought of somethin. I remember you once saying that you dont like to see two posts wasted on the same car, with the same pictures. See, now that I've cleaned house, the only pics that I have are the same ones that are one here.... :?
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

I have noticed, I pay the bills here and have to notice almost everything - and I commend everyone who tries to be as savvy as possible, for their efforts.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

So much better dude. Sorry that my temper was getting short, and glad to see you listend. If I remember correctly it was Hugh that said he takes something like 20-50 pics of his cars then only uses 3 of them. That's IMO why his rides always look flat out amazing, not to knock his modding skillz cuz fuck they are crazy, but it shows how meticulse (sp>me) his photography techniques are.

As a closing thought, it's cool to want to archive all you pics Midge just do it on your hard drive or better yet www.Photobucket.com Bottom line, that final pic is great, live and learn ya know?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

lol don't worry bout the temper thing, mang! you was juss tryna help a fellow pimp out! Thanks for all your help guys!!
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

nice ride m.m. (Not sure what the controversy is all about) but I like the rig.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

the controversy can be found here , but the whole thing has been sorted out. you can see that here ! lol thanks for the props tho!