Review: Panther Chariot

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
JAC4412
bitThug

Review: Panther Chariot

Post by JAC4412 »

Alright, so you heard about these new panther Chariots, there excellent performance, but are these better than the ZZSE?

When I first looked at the box I said, WTF? Not another crappy clone. The body was not the best, neat but had those stupid stickers on it, like most clones. However, Suntzu said they really kicked ass, so I took out the controller and et her charge. The controller itself is the best 1/64th rc controller I have yet to see. It comfortably fit into my hand and was pretty easy to run the car and charge it. Now for the performance part.

Taking the car off the stand I took a better look at the chassis. Very simialr to the zz, almost exactly. The hubs however were nice alloys, but the front were bit size. I took the car for a run on my track. GEEZE! This car went right over one of my barriers! These things are a heck of alot faster than my zzse or any of my zz's. I haven't clocked it yet but from comparison I would say top speed STOCK is 8-10mph. Obviously this car was too fast for my 1/64th track. SO I took it into my garage. Overall in a larger space you really get to see this car work. In comparism to the se, the se is nothing. The turns were nice, much better than the zz but still not propo. Nice proportional throttle control which helps with the turns. NO FLIPPING! None whatsoever. With my duel celled zz's and se they flip all the time without flipping bars. With the chariot, none. The speed was excellent, the handling was great, and the body isn't have bad. However, a larger track is what really brings out the best in this car. On the little ones, the se would definitly dominate. This car is an excellent buy. I would give the Panther an 8.5 out of 10.

Videos comming soon!
Panther Chariot
ZZSE
ZZ- Duel Celled
Epoch
JAC4412
bitThug

Post by JAC4412 »

http://www.rcpics.net/img/36674

Panther Chariot Video! (I couldn't really let her rip due to the space, but you can get the idea ).
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Thanks for taking the time to write that up JAC, I hope you don't mind some criticism.

1. The Panther isn't speed and steering propo, until it is, it just doesn't make sense to compare it with a ZZSE. It doesn't matter if the SE is so much slower, they're 2 different class cars.

2. You talk about how much control the Panther allows you, but I don't see much control going on in that Video. Maybe you were just throwing it together, but a decent example of control would be doing varying sizes of circles from tight to wide or figure-8s

3. An excellent buy at how much? What did you pay for yours, after figuring in the cost of shipping?

4. In another person's review, they mentioned that the Panther's propo speed isn't fully propo, only a few steps. Did you experience this?

Thanks.
Last edited by Namuna on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Namuna wrote:Thanks for taking the time to write that up JAC, I hope you don't mind some criticism.

1. The Panther isn't speed and steering propo, until it is, it just doesn't make sense to compare it with a ZZSE. It doesn't matter if the SE is so much slower, they're 2 different class cars.

2. You talk about how much control the Panther allows you, but I don't see much control going on in that Video. Maybe you were just throwing it together, but a decent example of control would be doing varying sizes of circles from tight to wide or figure-8s

3. An excellent buy at how much? What did you pay for yours, after figuring in the cost of shipping?

4. In another person's review, they mentioned that the Panther's propo speed isn't fully propo, only a few steps. Did you experience this?

Thanks.
Ditto.

I'd also like to thank you for the attempt at this review. You are one of the few who have. Unfortunately I wasn't able to view the video (I'm at work). I'll give it a try when I get home. However, from what I have seen and read it seems like it is more fair to compare these things to an original ZZ than an SE. It would seem that they would give an original ZZ an ass whoopin', but there is no way you can compare it to the control of the newer gen. ZZ SE's. As Namuna sated, speed isn't everything. Its just more fun to have a car you can control well, unless you are drag racing. In addition, you can get a og ZZ for $9.99 right now and an SE for $14.99....bargains (get the second gens while they last.).

If you can swing it, I think a lot of people would like to see some good quality close-up photos of the chasis, controller, body, etc.

Thanks again.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
JAC4412
bitThug

Post by JAC4412 »

I don't mind Namuna :grin: .

First off..
my throttle was fully propo (I will demostrate this), I didn't exprience any steps in it.. Secondly I did throw that together.. right before bedtime. I will make another one now and post it later to show it's control (speed and steering) but while I'm at it, would anyone like me to show anything else in the video?

O ya, I spent $20.00 shipped for it.
JAC4412
bitThug

Post by JAC4412 »

http://www.rcpics.net/img/36676

Whoops.. double post damn. Hope this helps somewhat. It is my sis holding the camera. Hopefully I can get a better vid..
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

nodoby ever said they didnt want these cars. i just dont think anyone will ever buy from I_scam(suntzu) because he tried to pull a fast one on all of us and got caught and called out on it.

notice how his first auction was priced 35$ + shipping. then he got called out during the auction lol and then they were 30 then 25. now 20bucks? hell ill pay 20bucks for one of these but not from this dickhead.
any non shady retailers have these yet?

jac4412: i really hope that you didnt intend on starting shit with this thread.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Please post close up pics of the chassis
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Finks wrote:Please post close up pics of the chassis

YES!!! :-)
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

don't be put off, we all wanna see one of these little babies. :search:
i used to be cool
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Yes, the chassis young padawan! THE CHASSIS! :hippie:

I am very curious. Thanx for touching up those vids.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

theres a really blurry pic of them on mrcc. from what i saw they look like a clone chassis stretched to zz size.

if they are made by the same people that did the old "panthers" im sure the gears and crap are good.
JAC4412
bitThug

Post by JAC4412 »

Ok, first off I have no intention of starting shit with this thread. If it gets out of hand, I just won't reply. :grin:

Anyways... The only other dealer I know off is the Panther retailer himslef.. However, I would trust Suntzu, but I know from what went on I know you guys don't.. Anyways.. CLOSE UPS! Sorry bout the fuzziness, my camera doesn't work well on low batts. Basically the same thing as a ZZ, only for the duel cell.

http://www.rcpics.net/img/36704

http://www.rcpics.net/img/36705

I'll get some more, better pics tommorow or later tonight.

JAC4412.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI. ... nbytheinch

nah i wouldnt trust any ebayer who has any negative in his first ten transactions. well maybe if it was for some stupid reason ie.. vacation, shipping got screwed what not. but this guy had a legit complaint and cockisonlyaninch slammed this guy for complaining?

sound familiar? fuck all that egomaniac crap.

again bitPimps does not endorse that seller.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ok next take some pictures that are in focus :-)