Resource: ZipZaps Catalog

Only topics reviewing or comparing tools, toys, etc. as well as resources such as parts lists, etc.
Namuna
bitPimp

Resource: ZipZaps Catalog

Post by Namuna »

Still needs some polish, but here it is so far...

http://tinyrc.com/lincoln/Worlds/MicroR ... nFrame.htm
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

Man, I was literally working on the same damn thing. I was going to put all the numbers in and wait for them to show up.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Yeah, I used a little Linux shell scripting and download manager action to ease the repetition of building the pages with all the part numbers, what with the 3 different sized images and such.

Post by sg219 »

I don't know whether to thank you or praise you for doing that!! :???:

How about both.

Thank You!! :-)

Great work!! :-)

I've been trying to get all the ZZ and ZZSE shells for a while now and this help out alot.

Do you know off hand....

How many different ZZ shells there are?

How many different ZZSE shell there are?

:cool:
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

The next phase of the Catalog is to fill-in the descriptions of all the items...And then further breakdown the items from the Accessories page into their more specific areas (like SE shells will be moved to the ZipZaps SE area).

Until then, you can still get a solid idea of what's out there from the Accessories page (to the best of my knowledge, the list is comprehensive).

Post by Namuna »

Alright, so I lied...

I've updated the page:
- There's now a 'Main' page, this page will have pictures that are linked directly to the RadioShack site. So all the new shit will show up as soon as they put the pictures up
- Added some background color and changed Font settings a little.

chrome (or anyone else that wants to help in the effort),
It would be a great help to have the RadioShack specific descriptions for all the Part numbers. Something like:

60-7001:Arctic Silver Porsche 912 Turbo

That would be great, and credit for work will be appropriately given.

Thanks.

Post by CaboWabo »

none the images from rathole are showing up, maybe you're working on that - but just a heads up in case
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
chrome
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

So you wantin something you can cut and paste into your shell? Or are you looking for something already scripted for HTML? I have NFC how that Linux shell works, but I do know how HTML works.

Later,
Chrome...

**EDIT**

Cabo, that's because those part numbers aren't released by RS yet. The point is that the pics will show up as soon as RS releases them. Makes it really easy to keep an eye for new products.

**EDIT AGAIN**

Namuna, I realized that with the last release of pics from RS, only the regular sized and micro sized pictures were released. The large haven't been released. May be a good idea to reformat the page so only the regular size is shown. Then when the pics show up, see if the micro and large were released as well.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

chrome has the idea...The Main page pics won't show up until Ratsnack posts them on their website. It's the beauty of using direct image links when you know what the new part numbers are.

chrome, don't worry about Linux I was just professing my love of the kickass nature of what you can do with Shell Scripting...All I need is a list with the format I had given, then I'll just use the magical shell scripting to massage your descriptions into the pages to replace the vanilla 'ZipZaps' descriptions.
I realized that with the last release of pics from RS, only the regular sized and micro sized pictures were released. The large haven't been released. May be a good idea to reformat the page so only the regular size is shown. Then when the pics show up, see if the micro and large were released as well.
You know what's a PAIN IN THE ASS? Let me tell you what's a pain in the ass...putting together HTML that looks good in FireFox, but is FUCKED in IE. I HATE IE because everybody and their Mother can get through and put their popups and spyware on it.

If you bring the page up in FireFox (if you use Firefox), the format is much cleaner and instead of showing big FUGLY empty boxes, FireFox is smart enough to not show them at all.

Beh, I'm going to have to rethink the page setup.

Post by richh »

great work... wish i had this a few weeks ago. i, too, am trying to get one of each shell so i ended up clicking through the whole zz.com showroom to make my excel list. what a pain.

some comments
-didn't see the red f-150, maybe i missed it.
-was the beetle ever released?
-can the picture you use next to the text be the "small" size, then have the option for a med or large version? adding the descriptions to the part number would also do it, but with the size of the current pics, it's hard to id some of the models.
-option for a "printable version"
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

richh wrote: some comments
-didn't see the red f-150, maybe i missed it.
-was the beetle ever released?
-can the picture you use next to the text be the "small" size, then have the option for a med or large version? adding the descriptions to the part number would also do it, but with the size of the current pics, it's hard to id some of the models.
-option for a "printable version"
To answer your questions:
- Must've accidentally deleted it while shuffling things around, will have to re-add it back into the mix...Good eye, thanks
- You know, that's a good question. I can't say I've seen nor heard about anyone getting the Beetle
- I originally had it setup this way...But with as many items as there are, I wanted to be a bit more 56k friendly so I made the thumbsized images instead (those poor poor BASTARDs with 56k dialup).
- Hmmm, printable version...that's a thought.

I just might check into building a Database for this. It'll be good practice.
bitNinja

Post by chrome »

I'd say have the micro pic and then hot link it to the large image. Follow my drift? When you click onto the pic it hot links you to the RS image page. Yeah, it leaves your site, but it's more 56K friendly. Plus, micro pictures wouldn't take up all that ink, thus more printer friendly.

Later,
Chrome...
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

try as I might, I couldn't get the images to show up, either.

Can I get a holla? :-)

Love doc
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

OOOoooookay, what's the problem with you MOOKs here?!

On the Main page you will NOT see any images UNTIL RadioShack makes those images available!

The WHOLE POINT of the page is to have all the upcoming items in 1 place and as pictures become available, ONLY THEN will the page SHOW the pictures.

...If you open the page with FireFox, you'll just see a listing (no big empty boxes). If you open the page with IE, then you'll see a bunch of image boxes with nothing in them....Again, you WON'T see pictures in those boxes until RadioShack makes them available.

chrome, I'm a bit confused about your suggestion.
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

I've played around with shell scripting in Linux. I'm just a novice, but someday I'll get it down.