x-speed or x-speed pro from Toyeast

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
kvik369
bitPlaya'

x-speed or x-speed pro from Toyeast

Post by kvik369 »

Anyone running an x-speed or x-speed pro from Toyeast in an Overland? Hearing rumors that they might burn out your esc. Any truth?
K.I.S.S.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i'm hearing rumours too, i wouldn't risk it. i've heard of kyosho x speeds blowing fets in monsters too.
i used to be cool
ripper7777777
bitHood

Post by ripper7777777 »

Well I use the Kyosho x-speed in my OL's and Monster but as far as the Iwaver x-speed pro, if I'm not mistaken it can pop a fet. I have not tested the Iwaver x-speed, but I have heard it is worth the .99 cents ....LOL

I would not run an x-speed pro without a nelly or fets, of course if you do and pop a fet well all the more reason to upgrade....LOL

I have noticed the end bell bears a remarkable similarity to pics I have seen of the Plasma Dash....
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ripper7777777 wrote: I have not tested the Iwaver x-speed, but I have heard it is worth the .99 cents ....LOL
Yeah, reall can't go wrong at that price can you?

I feel stupid, meant to grab a couple with my 04, but forgot, now I'm not gonna pay $15 shipping (I'm guessing) just to get some $1 motors. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:I feel stupid, meant to grab a couple with my 04, but forgot, now I'm not gonna pay $15 shipping (I'm guessing) just to get some $1 motors. :lol:

I plan on putting in a nice ToyEast order after the holidays. If you still want then when I put the order in, I'll order them for you.

I'll remind you when I go to order. :cool:

I'm thinkin' around first or second week of January.
Dangerous Dave
bitHood

Post by Dangerous Dave »

yes I know this is a VERY old thread, but it's an appropriate place to put my 10c worth in..

The Iwaver X Speed is now known as an I Plus motor.

Here's what it did to my Firelap 2.0 FETs in a smooth, ball bearing chassis and 8T pinion :o

so probably wouldn't recommend it in a bigger, heavier 04

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/attachmen ... 1188189633