can i use a remote other than the stock one for my iwaver 02

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

can i use a remote other than the stock one for my iwaver 02

Post by Sporttracguy »

Hey all, i just picked up an iwaver monster (04) and an iwaver 02 car from rcmart. THe monster came rtr but the 02 just came with a complete car (no crystals, remote) THe monster works great and i just assumed i could switch out the crystals and the remote to use on the 02 but all the 02 will do is twitch when i power it up and try to run it.

Am i required to use an 02 remote or do i have a defective pcb or what?

THanks

STG
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

To my knowledge yes it should work perfectly fine.

This might be a dumb question but are you sure that you have the right crystals in. And not the Tx in the car and the Rx in remote etc.

Did the antennae wire break off the pcb? I know the IW wires are weak as string.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Whoah! can we say orange glow, smoke and a really nasty smell :o

I went back, checked all the connections, antenna, battery terminals, polarity... then i made sure the crystals were correct, still nothing,, then i took the crystals and switched them from the rx to the tx and the tx to the rx, turned it on and the steering sort of worked for a second, i hit the throttle and it was slow but it worked,, then all of a sudden it started to glow orange through the plastic cover and started smoking :shock: What the fuck!? any ideas why this would have happened?

I think im going to have to give rcmart the bad news

STG :-?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Sporttracguy wrote:I think im going to have to give rcmart the bad news
i think so too, sounds like the 02's a dud.
i used to be cool
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Sporttracguy wrote:Whoah! can we say orange glow, smoke and a really nasty smell :o

I went back, checked all the connections, antenna, battery terminals, polarity... then i made sure the crystals were correct, still nothing,, then i took the crystals and switched them from the rx to the tx and the tx to the rx, turned it on and the steering sort of worked for a second, i hit the throttle and it was slow but it worked,, then all of a sudden it started to glow orange through the plastic cover and started smoking :shock: What the fuck!? any ideas why this would have happened?

I think im going to have to give rcmart the bad news

STG :-?
Jez man sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get it all worked out.