New Mini-Z Monster plan

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

New Mini-Z Monster plan

Post by pimpsmurf »

Since I managed to destroy my long-awaited woah nelly deluxe, I realized that the Novak Micro GT (#1875) has 0.00056 on resistance, compared to Woah Nelly's 0.0087 total resistance (I don't know if this is the same thing, so toss my ass under the bus.)

I'm planning on using a Novak Micro GT (no reverse) with a micro/super micro reciever (27mhz) to use with my mini inferno TX (Perfex 3?), but I had previously posted about trying to find a board to convert the 4 wire (2 sensor, 2 servo motor) setup kyosho uses to a 3 wire standard setup.

I took appart 2 servos (destroyed them because they were all sealed up) and they both had 3 wire sensors. I'm sort of lost now, and I'm hoping someone can refer me to a way to hook these up to work with a standard reciever. Whoever can provide me with something that works propperly, will recieve my MZM's reciever board (requires turbo, some FET pads stripped).

-JNY
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

I don't know if this could help, the mini-t servo has 4 wires. :???:
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

I know this, and some people are using the electronics out of a servo and wiring it up to the Mini-Z sensor and motor to plug into a stock RX. I just don't want to actually spend money on a servo that I'm going to trash to get the board out and it also have a 3 wire sensor. I'm planning on upgrading the HS85MG in my Half 8 to a Futaba digital servo, and I'm kinda hoping that the HS85MG has the right board in it, but I'm not going to take it appart until I have to take my whole buggy appart for some new stuff. *shrug*

Any help is always appreciated.

-JNY
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Try getting a hs-55 servo. Use the board inside and simply solder the pot and motor wires for the kyosho servo where the old hs-55 corresponding wires were.

It should make more sense when you have it all in front of you.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

I guess I will take the HS85 appart (if I can without breaking it) and see if it will work. If not, I'll get a HS55 (they are mad cheap IIRC) and use it. If I can use the HS85, it gives me a reason to get the Futaba sooner. =)

-JNY