?Great Scott? Update 2

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

“Great Scott” Update 2

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I finally got my IWaver in and its everything I expected with some upgrades I think the Chassis will be one of my best!

But ya’ll know I am a body man first so I just had to mod a body for this car! So what did I choose well I was going to start with the Mad Max Interceptor but because of cost that was put 2nd.

I bought this model in Florida in December and since I am such a big fan of the Movie I decided to go “Back to the future” and I also decided I would post pictures as I worked on the body that way I can get you Pimps to throw in some advice as I am going along! :???:

The model kit is a Polar Lights kit I bought at Universal City in Orlando. I got the IWaver off of eBay and with shipping it was only $71.00 it came with the Saleen body and I plan to use that as my every day basher.

So to begin……..

Pictures so far are the original body and chassis, I started by marking off where to put the brackets I had to use some plastic behind them because the model body slopes in so bad right at the bottom edge. With plastic glued in behind the brackets it kept them strait.

As I go along I will post more be sure to shout out some advice as anything no mater what could lead me to a better body mod.

Oh one thing I am doing with this car is the antenna will be the wire and hook that was used in the first movie to get the Lightening to get the 1.21 Jiggawats! That way it functions as the antenna but still fits in with the car. I am trying to find an extra antenna that I can do this with so if anyone has ideas let me know? :-o

:-)

P.S I am looking for a light kit that will work with the IWaver. If a ZZSE light kit will work can anyone get me pics on how to hook it up?
Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Cant wait to see the finished product man! :-o
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

You know, there was this tech at rat-shack who said he was working on the exact same thing, but with a Gen 1 Xmod. He was kind of a slob though. I'd doubt he'll finish the job. Besides I haven't seen any of his said mods that he claims, and he claims alot. He forgets to bring them in appearently.

But, you're not a rat-shak tech. You're Steel. So I already know this is gonna happen and it's gonna look sweat.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

I posted some updated pictures I did a lot of painting on this thing and I still have so much to do. The wires on the side of the car are all painted on. The back end is getting close to being complete a little more pipes and paint and it should be done.

In the center of the back is where the antenna will go and I will add a hook to it like the first car in the movie. The windows will be Tinted and the lights are yet to be added. I should have more done by the end of this week.
My other hangout! R7R
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

1.21 gigawatts :eek:
That's actually pretty freakin cool man. Schweet.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Wow man that's crazy lol...I love it!
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

"when this baby hits 88mph you're going to see some serious shit..."

so, will it hit the 88 mark? that would be insane, lol... a little iwaver going back in time? :-D
Greyscale Racing
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's just too good! fer christ's sake man, make a mistake sometime! :lol:
i used to be cool
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

betty.k wrote:that's just too good! fer christ's sake man, make a mistake sometime! :lol:
I am not done yet I have plenty of chances to screw this one up! :shock:

I am still having problems coming up with the Antenna idea?? :???:
My other hangout! R7R
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Very nice,, i have one of these model kits laying around,, maybe i should put it to work :???: Looks great man

STG
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the aerial seems like the easy part to me! :lol:

i'd just bend it to shape so it uses the exsisting chassis mount and comes out the back. bend the tip into a hook and voila!

heat shrink the section that remains under the body so it doesn't come into contact with anything like the motor.

as for what wire to use, got any microsizer tx's with the sproingy windup aerial? works good :-o
failing that, go to a music store and get some guitar strings, ask to look at them so you can pick the right guage.
i used to be cool
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Man, this thing is the shit on so many levels. I love the way you got the bruched stainless look from the paint.

That was my favorite movie as a kid.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

betty.k wrote:as for what wire to use...failing that, go to a music store and get some guitar strings, ask to look at them so you can pick the right guage.
That was going to be my suggestion. Tell them you want to see the thickest guage of unwound strings they have.

Your detail on that is incredible, it looks way better than the Autoscale version. Are you gonna drive that?

My only suggestion would be to use some spacers to lower the front body mount tab if you have any room under the hood
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

or music wire from the local hobby shop. usually in the big K&S rack; the one with all the brass tube and sheet stock.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

As SuperFly said. :eek: good looking