?Great Scott? Update 2

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

As always man,, its looking great. I knew i had seen something like this before,,, Turns out Kyosho did make a delorean for the mini z a while back, the blue wires on the sides even lit up :???:

honestly, i think yours is looking better as far as the details go :-o

If anyone is interested,, i found an ebay auction,, looks like you are paying an arm and a leg for it though :? Probably an older 01 too
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-kyosho-mini ... dZViewItem

STG
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I have gotten a lot more done on my Delorean now with the antenna thing done for now (I might change it later). I appreciate all the ideas I wound up using the antenna off my Palm Runner and bolting it with a hidden bolt and running a line from the bolt to the antenna wire on the chassis. I then used a connection that when I take the body off it will disconnect from the body wire that way the antenna always stays with the car.

I painted a lot more and got the rear vents to look worn (might have to do some more touch up on those. Front and rear lights are in but they are temporary until I get LED lights for them. I still have a lot more touch up painting to do but thought I would post some pictures now that I am so close to being done.

The windows are in and I lowered the front as recommended I think it looks much better. Oh and the antenna does have a hook at the end its just not shown on the pictures. That Mini-Z body looks good I especially like the lights but that’s why I went with the model kit the price for those bodies are just outrageous!

Thanks for all the praise and suggestions let me know if any more…..

My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Now can you make the wheels retract and the car fly? :???:

Its so nice looking i dont think i would want to take her out on the track :? Just too pretty :-o

STG
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Just thought I'd throw something out there. Just an idea.

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproductlis ... at_id=1457
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

SWG, i dunno how i missed this!

Fantastic work - that looks a hundred times cooler than the kyosho version. the level of detail in that thing is fantastic. you got skills!

I bet you were the kid with the really cool dioramas in school, huh?
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:Just thought I'd throw something out there. Just an idea.

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproductlis ... at_id=1457
I have really thought about doing this but using them arond the bands on the front and sides but don't know if I could use that and still have the headlights and taillights?? :???:

45tr0 to tell you the truth I built a bunch of dioramas in school and even after! I had a chance to go to art school but went into the construction biz instead.... :?
My other hangout! R7R
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

steelwoolghandi wrote:I had a chance to go to art school but went into the construction biz instead.... :?
Good choice!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

SuperFly wrote:
steelwoolghandi wrote:I had a chance to go to art school but went into the construction biz instead.... :?
Good choice!
I at least make more money then I could at Painting for a living! :grin:
My other hangout! R7R
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I'm serious! I wish I would have just kept "art" as a hobby and pursued a career that paid more and ended at 5:00 or so every day. The worst part is that nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, it's just "I like it," or "I don't like it," and you always have to defer to the person writing the checks.

And clearly you have more free time to pursue the hobby than I will ever have! :-)
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Unfortunately my office is in my house I say unfortunately because you never leave work sometimes I don’t finish up until 8:00 or 10:00 after my wife comes in and tells me too! :mad:

There are definite advantages to working out of the house hey I getting to check Bitpimps out a lot! I do make calls a lot out of the office I have a huge Territory (Texas is just to Friggen big) Like this week I will be in Houston overnight Wed and Thur and the same next week. :neutral:

So my job is no 9 to 5 and if I had stuck with Art it would have probably been the same just less money!

So Superfly what do you do for work??
My other hangout! R7R