Got an MR02; another drift clip pg. 4

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

you saw on GSR not too long ago. :-o

i never get tired of betty's humor either. :lol:
Greyscale Racing
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

there are a thousand reasons why i should not be allowed to touch paint, and this is one of them. i simply can't keep up with the insane amount of detail on this newer kyosho body. it's more complicated than a fujimi static model, go figure...

it sure looks nice at a distance of 3ft+, though. :lol:
Greyscale Racing
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

DAMN. love that car. can you post more pics, may be a side shot?
show them inch-ups
did you remove "glass" for cooling purpose? it sure woud be nice if it had front and rear "glass".
nonetheless hot ride
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

well, i wasn't done at the time. here you go, a little more 'side' in those pictures. :lol:

i'm actually getting new inch-ups, a friend is at the moment holding them while waiting for a ball diff (also for me). my biggest concern at the moment is the fact that the car's steering twitches every time i hit the throttle, and when it gets about 15 feet away it goes off on its own into the wall. i'm guessing it's the old iwaver Tx.

i actually had all the equipment set up to shoot video today, tripod and camera all set up and ready to roll. :(
Greyscale Racing
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

color0 wrote:...my biggest concern at the moment is the fact that the car's steering twitches every time i hit the throttle, and when it gets about 15 feet away it goes off on its own into the wall. i'm guessing it's the old iwaver Tx.
Make sure the capacitors are soldered tight to the motor can. That's exactly what it does when one has come unsoldered.

Dude, don't fear the paint. If you go to the hobby store, the little 4oz (or so, not sure exactly) rattle cans of Tamiya paint are very user friendly. It goes on smooth and dries fast, and has a more appropriate pressure for this kind of work.

If you're going to leave it white, you at least have to go in and do the door handles, side marker lights, and a clearcoat. It doesn't have to be perfect, and the only way to get better is experience. Especially if it's going to be a driver, it will get all beat up soon anyway.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

thanks superfly for the capacitor tip. they don't seem disconnected, but i'll solder them again and check.

i did use the tamiya rattle cans for this (black and gunmetal), but the vents and details were all done with a toothpick and tamiya acrylic black.

side marker lights- whoops. one more thing to do along with the side grills.
clearcoat- looking; i've heard good stuff about the Mr. Hobby Topcoat but have never found a bottle. i'll use tamiya otherwise.
door handles? kyosho leaves them body colored...?

edit: superfly, did as told and got the caps back on there. however, the problem still arises 5 minutes after i start driving. it does this every time, first 5 minutes are good, then right afterwards it starts glitching.
Greyscale Racing
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

The fruition of my practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nbW4FBIxhc

Still not good enough though, I need to 'upgrade' to visible cones. I just use imaginary ones for now.
Greyscale Racing
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

You've inspired me , That's one awsome video pimp :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Word :cool:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

NICE!!

Time to see some wider drifts to really convince me of this RWD setup

That is some good driving :-o
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

Thanks for the compliments guys; and honda, I'll be looking for a video from you sometime soon too. Go for it. :-o

Maxx- the wide drifts may have to wait till all the furniture's gone. Damn the annual disposal. :?
Greyscale Racing
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

color0 wrote: honda, I'll be looking for a video from you sometime soon too. Go for it. :-o

I'll see what I can do ;).

I'll browse through at your setup , but as usual , I dont have money to burn . So it's going to be , Stock , stock and most importantly , Practice ;).

I have a large hardwood floor area , And with tape up front , and stock iwaver foam rears , I can almost pull it off without spinning.

Hmm , Better work on the setup tonight then :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

smooth drifts my brudda man! :-)

now no one is allowed to say you can't drift a rwd well :-o
i used to be cool
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

These Square rims are so kickass... should've seen my face when I found these in the mail. :)

And the teaser (but I need another local driver who can drift RWD... :( ):

Coming soon...
Greyscale Racing
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Those Square rims do kick ass fo sho! Mind if I ask about your ordering process? Those are the "inch-up" ones, aren't they? Perfect for the M3.