where to buy MRO2 ?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
shinna202

where to buy MRO2 ?

Post by shinna202 »

alright i just joined here and im not sure if im posting in the right place but i want to know where to buy one of them little cars ?
MRO2 or Iw-o2 or something like that ?
and which one has better parts avaliblity and better performance out the box and cheaper and better hop ups ?
right now all i got is a mini-t with some hop-ups i will get pics as soon as some one wants them..........................
Basher Mini-T
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Best price: Surf-n-shop pay attention to shipping.

What to get all depends on you.

Kyosho Mini-Z
F1- Current status queen but unavailable, Kyosho actually ran out so until the new ones are released they are rare, once the new ones are out in a couple of weeks the old will be obsolete (just how the world works), Apex USA will be taking pre-orders next week with estimated shipping on 25 July 06. Funny but Apex is a surprisingly good US source for any Kyosho product but you can’t order on-line, only via email (sales@apexrc-racing.com), phone (805) 922-088, or in person.

Racer (MR-015, or MR-02) –If you have access to a track and plan on racing MM MR-02 is the only way to go for a first Mini-Z, if not then what ever body floats your boat :tired:. Large smooth driving surface required at a minimum, definitely not meant for the street.

AWD (MA-010) – Hmm how to explain; it will handle better on the kitchen and garage floor but if you randomly try to hop one of these up you will end up with an expensive broken pile of junk even with all Kyosho parts. Reality check if you don’t have deep pockets leave it stock except for wheels, tires and such, or leave it alone, oh yea and a Mini-Z is a race car not a tank so when you slam into a chair leg it will break.

Overland – No track? This would be my choice cheapest entry level Mini-Z with most driving options.

Monster – Small 2WD truck, can be fun but... :neutral:

Iwaver
New IW-02M not out yet, supposedly soon but they haven’t made a scheduled release yet, anyone who wants can try holding their breath if so please take photo’s for the rest of us to watch. Could be a fun car to mod since it supposedly uses a standard three wire steering servo, I say supposedly because even though I’ve seen a driven a demo, until the actual retail model is released you never really know what you're going to get. Might work might not.

As for the rest of the Iwavers/Firlaps they’re fun to tear apart cut-up and modify on a budget, much cheaper than trashing a Kyosho, but I wouldn’t suggest one for racing. The steering is weak and the quality control falls into the pot-luck category.

Hop-up prices, and availability
Hey you get what you pay for but then sometimes you don't. Many are interchangeable all depends on what you want? For example motors are interchangeable and common, tires are to more or lees depending on wheel size, but wheels are specific to body style because of offset. Surf-n-shop, all you have to do a little research, if you have a specific question don’t be afraid to ask.

BTW that bit about there never being a stupid question is a lie, the truth is there are lots of stupid dumb ass questions. Problem is that when you find something you want to buy but have a question abut quality or compatibility you might as well ask anyway because not asking before buying a piece of trash or something that doesn’t fit would likely be even dumber, and dumber still would be believing everything you read, hear, or see so all answers are suspect :?

Suggestion on what to buy? 8-)
Easy; You should buy me one each of the new F1’s, and if you also buy me a video camera and editing program I might even make and post a video of me having fun driving them on my track. Speaking of the track, while you’re at it my current 2 wide-L RCP setup is nice but if you throw in an extra grand for a new larger tent and platform you could have even more fun watching a video of me driving them on a much larger track.
Last edited by LBRC on Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Nice breakdown LBRC. Thanks.

Post by shinna202 »

thanks for the break down LBRC ..............
so what do you think is the best car for a beginer bash/race car that is cheap and easy to get parts and easy to hop it up ?
Basher Mini-T
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Depends on what you want to drive it on.

Parts price and availability are pretty much the same for whatever you want.
shinna202

Post by shinna202 »

i was thinking on a parking lot...........
there really isnt a track close to me.....
Basher Mini-T
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Now that’s just the point I was trying to make above, you see a Mini-Z racer whether from Kyosho or Iwaver really isn’t made for the parking lot, that leaves an Overland, Monster, Xmods, or something larger. If it had to be a racer I’d go with the AWD and forget the hop-us until after you’ve driven it, you could add a hotter motor if you then wanted it faster but as far as any drive train mods it’s two Atomic ball diff’s or leave it stock.
shinna202

Post by shinna202 »

now wherer should i look for one of these ?
got a link ?
Basher Mini-T
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

We don't need no god damn roads!
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

LBRC wrote:Best price: Surf-n-shop pay attention to shipping... :-)

...Funny but Apex is a surprisingly good US source for any Kyosho product but you can’t order on-line, only via email (sales@apexrc-racing.com), phone (805) 922-088, or in person....
Example of a good deal: $139.99, $12.00 US shipping for MR-02.

Another Example: $159.99, again $12.00 US shipping for AWD Lancia Delta.
Approx. 3-4 days from order to doorstep.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

IMO, an Iwaver does OK on smooth concrete. The bodies are a little tougher. You still may break stuff, but Iwavers are cheaper to repair/replace. Of course a Firelap 2.0 is almost the same thing, but be prepaired to fix things right out of the box. Firelaps have poor performance overall though. Makes a nice beginner car because they're cheap.

The IW02, MR02 and Firelap 2.0 will take most of the same hop-ups. I would try to do some research on any hop-up you buy though. I.E. a Topcad ball diff is crap IMO. But an Iwaver ball diff is just as good as a Kyosho ball diff and cheaper.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
Jimmy52

Post by Jimmy52 »

LBRC wrote:
LBRC wrote:Best price: Surf-n-shop pay attention to shipping... :-)

...Funny but Apex is a surprisingly good US source for any Kyosho product but you can’t order on-line, only via email (sales@apexrc-racing.com), phone (805) 922-088, or in person....
Example of a good deal: $139.99, $12.00 US shipping for MR-02.

Another Example: $159.99, again $12.00 US shipping for AWD Lancia Delta.
Approx. 3-4 days from order to doorstep.
Good buy!
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Well I’ll be gob-smacked an honest to :crap: post to post salesman.

Two for two, if someone posted they found a toilet brush for $6 would he say he has them for $5? At least door to door tidy bole brush salesmen knock and introduce themselves?

Edit: Ah shucks someone seems to have slammed the door in his face.
Last edited by LBRC on Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

LBRC wrote:Well I’ll be gob-smacked an honest to :crap: post to post salesman.

Two for two, if someone posted they found a toilet brush for $6 would he say he has them for $5? At least door to door tidy bole brush salesmen knock and salesmen introduce themselves?

Edit: Ah shucks someone seems to have slammed the door in his face.
The Watchmen are watching, always. :search: