finally got me an 02! phase III complete!

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

color0 wrote:how do the tires wear with the 3 degree front knuckles?
they wear nice and even with the driving i do. anything less and they wear more on the outside.
i used to be cool
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

mo' money mo' money mo' money :lol:

just borrowed ph2t's hudy micro tyre truer. i had some atomic rear rims that i wanted to put foams on (alloy, plastic white dish). and i got a bag of gq rc products foam donuts for z's.

the truer is a breeze to use, i had 4 tyres mounted and trued in under 10 minutes. you just gotta use an adequate power supply, at first i tried using a 12v plug pack but it didn't have the current to spin it fast enough. so i used 2 x 7.2v stick packs in series and it was all systems go!

so now i got me matching alloy rims with my tyre choice all around.

i was also breaking the front body clip too often so i got an atomic alloy one for mclaren bods. fits well and does what it's supposed to.
i used to be cool
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

Sweet fat foams; I take it you're still kickin' ph2t's ass out there? :lol:

Just one question, where'd you get the uncut foam donuts? They're not on ausmicro...
Greyscale Racing
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

color0 wrote:Sweet fat foams; I take it you're still kickin' ph2t's ass out there? :lol:
yup! but he's getting his ma010 more dialed in so we're evening out these days :-o
Just one question, where'd you get the uncut foam donuts? They're not on ausmicro...
i got them from ph2t.
i think there's only 1 place selling them in canada. he has to get them shipped to someone in the states who then ships them to him!
it's a complicated process but worth it in the end :-)
i used to be cool
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Betty, whats that "thingy" up front? from the pics, looks like 2 wires going to a couple blocks of foam or some light colored material.. with no apparent purpose, lol..

Another question, looks like your still using those H plates with the 'springs' in em combined with the springless kyosho oil shock?

beans
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

beanoman wrote:Betty, whats that "thingy" up front? from the pics, looks like 2 wires going to a couple blocks of foam or some light colored material.. with no apparent purpose, lol..

it's a karmic booster module. contains a quartz crystal that's been bathed in 7 days of waining moonlight.
what it does is induce a feeling of nirvana with all other surrounding cars causing them to be too content with just "being" to race hard :lol:

either that or it's just a socket that's wired to the main batts for the lights :-)
looks like your still using those H plates with the 'springs' in em combined with the springless kyosho oil shock?
yup, just h plates and springless oil shock.
at the moment i've got a carbon fibre h plate on, it was just there so i went with it.

after more "testing" i've found the atomic frpt plates do break more often than cf ones, like 10 - 20% quicker. but it's only crashes that break them so the better you drive the longer they last!
i used to be cool
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

I'll have to look for one of those karmic booster modules, maybe I'll see one on ebay :???:

lmao.. should have figured it was somethin simple like that :lol:

I guess the atomic plates will have to wait, when I run my Z in my livingroom it looks like I'm playin bumpercars by myself :-)

Damn nice Z you have there though, lol.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

betty.k wrote:
beanoman wrote:Betty, whats that "thingy" up front? from the pics, looks like 2 wires going to a couple blocks of foam or some light colored material.. with no apparent purpose, lol..

it's a karmic booster module. contains a quartz crystal that's been bathed in 7 days of waining moonlight.
what it does is induce a feeling of nirvana with all other surrounding cars causing them to be too content with just "being" to race hard :lol:

either that or it's just a socket that's wired to the main batts for the lights :-)
looks like your still using those H plates with the 'springs' in em combined with the springless kyosho oil shock?
yup, just h plates and springless oil shock.
at the moment i've got a carbon fibre h plate on, it was just there so i went with it.

after more "testing" i've found the atomic frpt plates do break more often than cf ones, like 10 - 20% quicker. but it's only crashes that break them so the better you drive the longer they last!
I'm just now noticing your tires in that pic. Where do you get raised white letter kyosho tires? What degree of hardness are they? They're hot, as is the entire car.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

SuperFly wrote:I'm just now noticing your tires in that pic. Where do you get raised white letter kyosho tires? What degree of hardness are they? They're hot, as is the entire car.
I think ph2t or betty said he hand painted them. It was mentioned when betty kept playing with his new cell phone camera.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

they're kyosho 30 deg radial tyres, the letters are raised but not painted. i just went over them with a paint marker for fun. :-)

they're slightly different to regular kyosho 30 degs, they grip a little better and are less meaty so they will wear quicker.
i used to be cool