Video: Baja Trippin' (Trippin' in the dirt)

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks sezziz, SilentWolv :-)

You bring up a good point, SilentWolv, the paper clip front end did prove to be not only cool looking, but functional. Particularly on the bed where it could slide easier. Those wrinkles in the sheets would have hung up any of my other cars.

@ph2t & betty.k, yeah, it seems all anyone knows him for anymore is as "the Pulp Fiction theme guy", but he's still around playing harder, faster more aggressive than ever, and I think he's like 70 now. I saw him something like 4 or 5 years ago, and he was in his 60s then, fricken' smokin' it.

...and yes, he does melt his picks, and his strings are like cables that would shred human fingertips. (His high E is .016" for you guitar guys)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

sorry to stray off topic :-(
crazy d, that's about when he came to aus, did a tour, and showed those so called teenybopper rockpigs what real head grindin' ass kickin' surf rock journey's are all about! one of those lefties that picked up a right handed guitar, thought "this must be how you hold it", and singlehandedly pioneered a whole new groove!! love to see him here again before he rides that last bombora to the sky!! :bowdown:

ok, nuff said!

ph2t and i hooked up today and we're both thinking about a dirt track in our gardens! we've both got monster bits and they're just crying out for a track! jumps, the works! nice track, did you used to build jumps like this for bmx? i did as a kid, and it's a great method for hardpacking dirt. bravo cd! 8-)
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k, I emailed Dick after that last show asking when he'll be back, and he actually replied personally to tell me, same time next year, but he hasn't made it back that I know of. I afraid that was my last chance to see a true American badass, and a legend in his own time.
betty.k wrote:ph2t and i hooked up today and we're both thinking about a dirt track in our gardens! we've both got monster bits and they're just crying out for a track! jumps, the works! nice track, did you used to build jumps like this for bmx? i did as a kid, and it's a great method for hardpacking dirt. bravo cd! 8-)
Naw wasn't much into bikes. I devolped this technique from watching them set up the 1/10 scale track I used to race at.

Which brings me to a point, even 1/10th scale offroad cars need a prepped surface to race on. With that in mind, off road bits seem much more practical.

You guys should definately put yourselves some dirt tracks together. If I had the larger tires like you guys I would have been tearing this track up, so I know you guys are gonna have some fun with it. I loved 1/10th scale off road racing, because I think the jumps and stuff add a whole new dimension of fun and excitement to the racing. I'd love to see more of that kind of fun come to the bit world.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that is true about the hard packed surface. loose dirt is lotsa fun for dirty doughnuts and burnouts, but you just dig a hole up to your axles and you aint movin', in any scale. we'll let you know about our tracks when (and if!) they appear. if you're interested, here's our thread about our little rendezvous, there's pics and there's a bit of video which will be posted soon care of ph2t.

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC ... E%2E%2E%2E
I afraid that was my last chance to see a true American badass, and a legend in his own time.
me too :sad:
i used to be cool