sad honda paint job

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
TheFanMan
bitThug

sad honda paint job

Post by TheFanMan »

well, I really screwed this one up... i'm gonna have to buy a honda body set so that I can try this again on a clear body

in this picture, I really screwed up on the kanji I tried to put on the hood.
http://www.kassatsu.com/honda.jpg

And then on this one, you can see the really choppy paint job... this is what happens when you put masking tape on a paint job that should have dried overnight.
http://www.kassatsu.com/honda2.jpg

but, at least the front looks real nice because of how low it's riding
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That sucks what happened to your hood. The rest of the car doesn't look too bad in pictures.

One thing I've learned, a bad paint job is not the end of the world, or your body. Just sand it smooth, and repaint. If it's coming out kinda lumpy because previous paint, then after several clear coats give it a nice thick clear coat, and that should level it out nicely.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

lol at first i was asking myself what's wrong with it it's a blue car with putty on the hood. ya i've repainted my clone accord to practice on a couple of times now i have gotten a car i like and another clone that's beautifull
accord still a work in progress hence the masking
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
dabomb_04
bitHood

taping

Post by dabomb_04 »

id think i had learned my lesson about rushing taping. Im glad im not the only one that makes that mistake
holla back
cdub