The Latest From The DarkTari Collection......

Use this gallery to show off your own garage of sleds - everything 1:32 and smaller - no matter if they be bangin, slangin, or just barely hangin.
DarkTari
bitPimp

The Latest From The DarkTari Collection......

Post by DarkTari »

What would happen if you give a $5.00 Thunder Charger Clone to an inexperienced,
1st time body modder like DarkTari.....

He creates a whole new Pimpin Azz Sled!
Pimps & Pimpettes here in Pimp City,
I give you, from the DarkTari Collection..........

Crystal Blu Persuasion......

Now if this don't Pursuade you to hussle on down
to your nearest BigLots and cop a few, then enter the
Middle Of The Road Contest and win one.
Last edited by DarkTari on Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stoli
bitPimp

Post by Stoli »

Now thats Pimpin'
MaxximumRC
bitGangsta'

Post by MaxximumRC »

THat is pa-pimp
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

whoa dude!
that blue is beautiful...
great job on the moddin to man, really like how ya got rid of the two center lights
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Great job DT. Just like everyone else I'm liking that ride. Unfortunatly my biglots is a piece of shit. :(
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
barto_85
bitGangsta'

Post by barto_85 »

nice work DT, 1st time body modder? that would be the most successful first body mod i've ever seen. Well done for having the guts to give it a go.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Thanx for da Props Pimps! I am proud of this one, especially being my first body mod, well it's actually my second, my very first is still in da shop so it's my first Completed Body Mod. I got this idea in my head one night for this one and dropped all other projects til I got this one done. Wish I had taken PICs of the process for a Tuit but as you know this came from the Book Of Sinned 101, I give him mad props for sharing this mod. Here's a few comparison shots...

Don't look like no $5.00 Clone No Mo!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

barto_85 wrote:nice work DT, 1st time body modder? that would be the most successful first body mod i've ever seen. Well done for having the guts to give it a go.
Thanx Barto, didn't take much guts to butcher a $5.00 Clone ! If I botched it, I just strip the chassis for parts!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

the more I see those comparison shots at that front end, its new, how'd you do it?
putty?
chopped front off another?

damn fine work
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Damn fine job on that one man... Thanks to cj, I'll have some new things coming soon..

Where do you get your styrene<sp?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
dabigpig
bitGangsta'

Post by dabigpig »

nice job man. aren't clones fun? u hack till it works and if it don't then u shoot and strip it.
if you post it... i've probably seen it...
-^-_-^
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That is excellent work. I can hardly even tell that used to be one of those ugly ass Thunder Charger bodies.

I've got a buch of those bodies I've been tossing aside, I need to start doing something with them.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
brendan123
bitGangsta'

Post by brendan123 »

That is sweet man i like to paint job, how did u get that intercooler.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

CaboWabo wrote:the more I see those comparison shots at that front end, its new, how'd you do it?
putty?
chopped front off another?

damn fine work
Same front end, just modified. I got the 0.60 Styrene for the ground effects but the front was still too high so I hadda find a way to lower it first. I also ordered some 0.20 styrene which I used for the airdam. It's very flexible and strong. After tab & suspension lowering I cut a piece of styrene and Super Glued (modders best friend) it to the front just under the bumper, filed down close the body to blend it in. I was gonna leave it just straight down but with the other ground effects it didn't look complete. So I hadda file it down enough to get the 0.60 styrene to fit without rubbing. Once done I SG (super glued) it to the air dam, filed to shape it, drilled two brake cooling ducts and added the intercooler and Viola!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

brendan123 wrote:That is sweet man i like to paint job, how did u get that intercooler.
The intercooler is standard 1" staples. Break off the amount to make the intercooler the size you want, super glue them on the back, let dry, then cut the ends with dikes according to how far out you want it to stick out. I usually like mine flat or just a slight bit out according to where it is mounted. Very easy addition. I gotta find the perfect aftermarket grill now to use. I've seen some but a lil difficult to work with and I'm all about ease of use.